Chapter 28: Save

Tao. My brother. Was falling slowly down in the water.

As Yixing was pulling me up, I slapped his hand away and I started swimming down. I was going to risk my life for Tao. Yixing wanted to come for me but the shark was several feet away, leaving him no choice but to swim away from us. The sharks were shot with guns and they swam away. Luckily no one was harmed.

I could see Tao falling down and I was swimming and swimming with the last few moments of breath I had left.

His eyes were slowly closing and I swam as fast as I could.

I was running out of air.

Everyone on shore was panicking.

Then,

I grabbed his hand.

He was weightless...underwater.

He opened his eyes again but he had no energy left to swim up. He was motionless.

I swam up with all my energy, using the rest of the air I had left. I was already losing myself. But I wasn't going to lose Tao.

We were just a few feet from shore but no one could see us. I was about to collapse. I used the rest of the energy I had left and threw Tao up with force. I watched Tao safely make it to land...as I fell down. I could slightly hear people cheering. They were happy that Tao was safe. But then they screamed for me. I couldn't. I just wasn't going to make it.

As my eyes were closing and as I could feel myself slowly collapsing...I spotted...a dolphin.

It swam up to me and threw me up to shore with it's beak.

I flew out of the water and I was caught by Yixing.

Tao immediately ran up to me and they placed me on the sand of the beach.

All 12 of them yelped my name.

Then I opened my eyes. I had no brain damage or anything. Out of joy they all picked me up and threw me into the air several feet up then caught I was caught by Tao, who placed my feet on the ground. I wobbily stood up.

" K...K...Karrera...you...you're a life saver..." he said. He teared up and hugged me so hard. I began to tear up too. Then he pulled me away and looked at me. " Why? Why'd you risk your life..."

I smiled.

" Because I love you Tao. You're my brother," I said. We were all soaking but thank god it was hot outside and the water was warm too. He smiled.

" What can I do for you..." he said. " I'll do anything you want. Just name it and I'll..."

I stopped him. And whispered.

" All that I need...is one thing," I said. He looked at me seriously and nodded. " I need to have you let me be. I've shown you that I can do things on my own. No one helped me. And...this counts especially...for my relationships. I know you promised me...but when the guys said something flirty you still protected me. I don't need that. I want...I want to freely date."

He smiled and nodded.

" Really? That's it!" he asked.

I nodded.

" Your wish is my command..." he said. I smiled. The guys smiled too...but they didn't hear what I said.

We all were dripping.

My expensive dress was ruined and so was their suits.

We walked back to the hotel and we went to our rooms. I took a nice, long, shower, and dried off. As I was drying off my hair and walking out, I saw Yixing in my room. He had the widest smile.

" You're...really something," he said. He was dressed and showered. I smiled.

" Thanks Yixing..." I said. He smiled too. I was embarrassed, though, because I was just in a robe. But how was I supposed to know he was here!? And how does he keep walking into my room...? " Here...wait here for a few minutes while I go get dressed...and..."

I took my clothes and ran into the bathroom and changed in several minutes. I didn't even know what I was wearing. Yixing sat on my bed and I joined him.

" Those sharks...though. It was like...you jinxed it. You told us about your fear of sharks then...we're attacked by two..." he said. My heart stopped. I thought about it. Those sharks with their blood-thirsty faces. They really did paralyze me. He saw my fear and hugged my right shoulder and pulled me to his chest. " You know...today...we both experienced our worst fears."

Really?

" Hmm?" I asked. What did he mean.

" I'm really scared of heights. I mean, I can barely look down at 10 feet, and there we were up hundreds..." he said. The water slide.

We laughed.

" Were you really as scared as I thought you were?" he asked. I nodded. He rubbed my shoulders. " It's OK. It's all over now. Don't be scared...baby."

He called me baby. (lol don't get me started)

We sat there and talked for what seemed like a few minutes...but it turned out to be 10 pm.

Yixing looked at the time and he sat up.

" Come visit my room..." he said as he escorted me out.

" But aren't they all the same?" I asked. He laughed as we silently passed the hallway into his room.

" No. This is MY room," he said as he scanned the card. The room opened and it was exactly the same. This time, he sat on his bed again and he sat down on the right side while he sat me down at the left.

Yixing lied down.

" Ugghh...I'm so tired..." he said as he rubbed his head. Then he sat back up and he took off his shirt. God damn those abs though!

" Yixing...i...if you're tired I can go back..." I said pointing to my room. He shook his head as he layed back down on the bed.

" Here...come here..." he said patting the left side of the bed. I went and scooted over to him. He laughed and he pulled me down onto his arm. " We'll both have trouble sleeping tonight. I know it. We were both really scared."

I closed my eyes and Yixing hugged me. I was turned away from him while he hugged me tight. Then he gave me a kiss on my neck.

" Good night...he said," I was about to fall asleep...with him. I almost fell asleep, until I felt something wrap around my waist. It was his leg. Then he pulled the blanket over and we slept like that. The whole night.