Ch 2 Part 1: The Diamond Tribe

We, the Diamond Tribe, wanted to take Redente the nice way

We, the Diamond Tribe, wanted to take Redente the nice way. We wanted to negotiate is all. But we were the only ones who wanted to. The other tribes had their own ideas. I, Starling Swan, didn't want to negotiate any longer. Now that Atenica was divided into quarters, everyone was against each other. I wanted to ally with, or even join the Sapphire Tribe. They were trying to conquer Redente the smart way, unlike anyone else.

If only I could escape the Diamond Tribe's kingdom, I'd be able to sail to the islands of Atenica, where Sapphire Tribe was. We were on top of and in between high mountains, where the snow never left. It was freezing cold and gloomy and heat was rare. How I longed to be on the tropical shores of the Atenica islands with people who agreed with me. I knew if I told anyone in the Sapphire Tribe about my opinions, they would laugh or accuse me of betrayal or disloyalty to our Tribe. I knew not even my father, King Willard Swan of the Diamond Tribe, would be happy with my thoughts. Sometimes I implied my feelings to my friend, Damien S. Black, a dark-haired teenager who was madly in love with me. He usually just ignored what I said. Was he trying to avoid talking about the matter? Well he was always quiet. Quiet, Creepy, and awkward. I didn't trust him. I didn't trust anyone.

One gloomy day, I woke up in my large bedroom to the sound of my obnoxious maid preparing my breakfast

One gloomy day, I woke up in my large bedroom to the sound of my obnoxious maid preparing my breakfast. She had interrupted an interesting dream. I grumpily sat up in bed, straightened my back, and laid my hands on my lap.

"I'd like my breakfast in bed today, please," I said as politely as I could.

The maid raised her eyes, still preparing my breakfast on the table. She looked annoyed, but not wanting to get scolded, she gave me her fake smile, where she lifted one corner of her mouth. Then, as cheerfully as she could, Dolores said, "Yes, Miss Swan."

As she placed the tray of food on my lap, my eyes widened, seeing the food. There was nothing but a bowl of grey-ish liquid, a plate of four crackers, a gross carrot, and a cup of water.

"What is this?" I asked, calmly.

"It's all that's left in our kingdom mistress. Many of the peasants have nothing to eat. It's the snow's fault. We can't grow or hunt because of it," Dolores said, worriedly.