EIGHT.

EIGHT ; FOUND

EIGHT ; FOUND.

Blood.

It's on the floor. It's on the walls. It's on their clothing. It's everywhere.

Blood.

It is so dark, there is so much, that the color is past crimson. There is so much of it that it is almost black. It is everywhere.

Blood.

It's the medium Joseph Lawrence chose to scrawl the simple word 'revenge' onto the white, brick walls of the warehouse. The contrast of the red on white is prominent. It's the first thing the Californian Department notices.

Blood.

It's dripping down Jonah Grey's face. He's sat facing the doorway, awaiting the forces. His hands are fastened to the chair, head propped up.

Blood.

It's beneath Leslie Sawyer's fingernails. She desperately tries to get it out. It is endless. It is everywhere. She has run out of tears. There is no more crying, no more despair. Only fear. Fear of what lies next for her.

Blood.

Jonah Grey is slick in it. It reflects off of the flashlights the SWAT team holds. It's coated on the knife beside him.

Blood.

It is flowing out of where his eyes used to be. It is around the gunshot wounds on his thigh and his forehead. It is what makes the four squares that have been carved into his stomach visible.

He is dead. Jonah Grey is dead.

Blood.

It is what they first spot on Leslie Sawyer, cowering a corner. It is on her face. It is on her clothes. It is everywhere.

But it doesn't matter at this moment. At this moment, she is alive. She is safe, she is found, she is alive.

Blood.

The Horsemen are cloaked in it. It is not of importance to them. They've successfully completed what they set out to do years ago. Jonah Grey is dead.

Blood.

It is on Lucas Nelson's raised hands when he is spotted. It is splattered on Kyle Master's face. It is embedded in Joseph Lawrence's white shirt.

They are surrendering. The Horsemen have finished. Jonah Grey is dead.

Blood.

It is in Joseph Lawrence's teeth as he grins. He is being forced to the cement floor, his hands are being shackled together, but he only has one thought in his mind.