Abandoned And Sold

HELLO!!!! I'M FINALLY UPDATING SOMETHING YAAYY!!!! Now, in all seriousness, this one is a flashback back to when Ed was first sold to slave drivers and the story up until he arrived at Roy's plantation. It's kinda a filler but not really, but either way I hope you enjoy it!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He was twelve then. He watched as his mother, who watched him as well, as she exchanged money with a group of strange men. When the exchange was finished they all turned to the young boy.
"Nūnt siīrrākū?" This the boy? One of the strange men asked  his mother and she nodded and said:
"Mēt kāt" Yes, "Egōtk tākū mū pāntte mūntā amū āddāt shūk?" I take it that you are satisfied with him? The man nodded, not looking at the woman talking to him.
"Mēt kāt" Yes.
The man along with the two other men, made their way toward Shiīnkā who watched them with wide eyes.
"Mēkūtas sē tō siīrrākū!" Come on boy! One if the men reached for him and he darted out of the way.
"Quas nōnt tēusū kātk?!" What are you doing?! Shiīnkā asked them, surprised at the sudden action. Why were they grabbing at him?
"Mēkūtas sē tō siīrrākū!" Come on boy!! The man was aggitated now. Shiīnkā still didn't move at his voice and the man huffed in annoyance and looked back at the others.
"Ākut gōtā shūk etō pās shūk īn māsūtk" Just grab him and put him in the wagon. The man said and the two others grinned and tackled the boy. Shiīnkā's eyes widened in fear.
"Ana! Ana, mēuskūtk! Ana, atō! Mēuskūtk!!" Mama! Mama, help me! Mama please! Help me please!!! Despite his pleas, his mother, his mama gave him a cold and hard glare.
"Nūnt pē! Egōtk ja prātkērēt kostāk tēus! Teus mūntās nōtk mē sōkēt nōn īām, teus ākiīnūsāt shiīnkā!" No more! I'm tired of taking care of you! You are no longer my son, you worthless child! Shiīnkā froze. His mother, his mama, the only person he thought might have cared for him at least a little bit was now sending him away. Selling him, he now realized, to slave drivers. He realized this and began struggling again.
"Atō ana! Atō, Egōtk shiēt tōs pīen! Egōtk māsūt! Egōtk shiēt tōs piēn! Egōtk shiēt kāts āmatkērēt! Egōtk māsūt! Egōtk māsūt ana!!" Please mama! I'll be good! I promise! I'll be good! I'll do anything! I promise! I promise, mama! When his mother didn't move to help him he went limp. His mama hates him too...? Just like everyone else? He was worthless to her as well as everyone else? ''Nōtk ēkat kiīso ūntak sēntsū...' 'Not even wirth one cenz' He thought miserably, not even to his mother was he useful or a joy to have around.
He let himself be dragged and chained in a wagon full of other people, all destined to be slaves... And they drove them away.
The auction was where he was sold. He watched the crowd of people call out different prices for slaves. He dreaded his own turn to stand up in front of those people. Would anyone even buy him? He was Shiīnkā. Worthless. No one would want him.. When he was dragged to thestage, he watched the crowd of people with wide eyes. There were so many. The slave auctioneer spoke in fast Amestrian and Shiīnkā didn't understand a single word. He knew a little of the language but it was hard to understand when the man spoke so fast. He watched with amazement when people started yelling out prices. Why would they want to buy him, surely they knew he wouldn't be any use. Though when they would find that out, they'd send him away. The price for him climbed higher and higher, until it stopped. The man had raven black hair and pale skin. He was broad but not too broad and he looked like he might be or might have been a military man in the past. Shiīnkā shuddered. During the war in which Amestris captured Xerexes and made it their territory, soldiers were known to be monsters. Even after the war it wasn't safe for Xeresian women or men to be out on the streets at night when the soldiers were patrolling. The man stared at him intently with piercing pitch black eyes and Shiīnkā shuddered again under the man's gaze. He deserved this though, he deserved to be stuck with a cruel person because of all the things that made him worthless. Because of all the things that made him stupid, and unable, and just useless in general. He deserved this. But these thoughts didn't calm his nerves about the military man. He'd be good though, he'd do everything perfect and not make the man mad, the man would never punish him in any way because he would behave perfectly. He'd be a good slave. It was funny, he'd already accepted that he was a slave, property, owned. The men working at the auction set him in chains and led him over to the man who, once Shiīka stood in front of him, lifted the boys face up roughly, examining the blonde's face in a way that made a chill run down his spine. The man ran his eyes up and down Shiīkā's body, looking at the muscles in his arms and legs. At home he would do the strenuous work that no one else would want to do, he had no choice, but he didn't mind, whenever it happened he always had a hope that they would like him. Like him because he did things for everyone. They never liked him. The blonde looked up at his new Master with wide golden eyes and the man let go of his face.
"What's your name?" The man asked him, or more like demanded. Shiīnkā cocked his head to the side, not understanding.
Egōtkja āmakt, egōtk kāts nōtk spātkiī Amestrēiī." I'm sorry, I don't speak Amestrian. Which he really didn't he only knew random words, he wasn't allowed to take the Amestrian language class at school because no one thought he'd be able to learn it because of the difficulty in learning the language. The man gave him a weird look an Shiīnkā looked down, he had already made his Master angry at him. Why did he always do everything wrong?
"Do you not speak Amestrian?" The man asked. He didn't sound angry, Shiīnkā looked up maybe he hadn't messed up after all.
"Nōtk kāts egōtk spātkiī Amestrēiī." I don't speak Amestrian. He repeated. Oh! Maybe hand signs would work. He pointed to his mouth. "Egōtk kāts nōtk spātkiī Amestrēiī" I don't speak Amestrian. He shook his head after speaking. "Egōtk kāts nōtk mākū" I don't know.
"I'll need to hire a translator and teacher for you. You're not going to be able to live in Amestris for very long if you don't know the language." The man set his hand on Shiīnkā's shoulder and the boy flinched, expecting a blow. That was the only time his mother ever touched him, that was the only time anyone ever touched him. Only when he was being punished. The man frowned at his reaction and Shiīnkā looked down. Was his Master actually mad now? If he was, he didn't show it.
"Come." The man said and led the boy to a wagon. Once they we in the vehicle started forward and they set off to the man's plantation.

A couple days later, after Shiīnkā, now Edward, had arrived at the plantation, a woman showed up. She knocked on the front door, asking for Roy Mustang. Edward didn't know who that was, he didn't know the names of the paid employees or even his Master. Soon after she was let in, Edward was called to the sitting room. He rushed, not wanting to make his master wait too long. When he arrived, the woman he had seen earlier was there with the man. He stood in the doorway until his Master waved him inside.
"I've been using hand gestures to communicate with him but there's only so much I can say with just my hands." The woman looked at Edward, she had narrow eyes and her hair was pressed into still locks, he didn't know what they were actually called. Then the woman spoke.
"Tāut quās ēs nōmēt?" What is your name? Edward froze, she was speaking his language! She was speaking Xeresian. He felt elated, someone here could actually understand him!
"Mē nōmēt ēs Shiīnkā." My name is Shiīnkā. The woman made a face when she heard his name and he looked away. She knew the meaning of Shiīnkā... Worthless... But the woman didn't sound mad or disappointed when she spoke again.
"Mē nōmēt ēs Izumi Curtis. Egōtk shiēt tōs tāket tēus tōtk spātkiī Amestrēiī." My name is Izumi Curtis. I will be teaching you to speak Amestian, Pōs adhūkt tēut nōnt amōs nūnt spātkiī mūntās ligūntān, egōtk shiēt tōs tīsūatket fōkt tēus akū tāut Dōminiīnūkt." But before you are able to speak this language I will be translating for you and your Master. Edward nodded enthusiastically. He would finally be able to be understood. He could speak easily with this woman, Izumi, translating for him.
"Mēt kāt, mēt kāt, mēt kāt!" Yes, yes, yes! Izumi smiled at him and his joy. Then his Master spoke up.
"What's he saying?" He asked.
"He's just very enthusiastic about finally being able to communicate verbally. I think it was difficult for him to only speak with his hands as well." Edward's Master smiled.
"I'm happy as well that I'll finally be able to understand him.
"Quās ēs mē dōminiīnūkt-" What is my- The blonde stopped himself. He wasn't supposed to speak without being spoken to first, he just took a liberty he didn't even have in the first place.
"What's he saying?"
"He started to ask a question then stopped himself" Izumi told the man then turned to the blonde boy, "spātkiī" She ordered and Edward nodded timidly.
"Qu-quās ēs m-mē Dōminiīnūkt inquītāt?" Wh-what is m-my Master saying? He asked quietly. Izumi smiled at him.
"Eū ēs inquītāt pāntte eū ēs shīkat pāntte eū akū tēus shiēt ōkt tōsamōs kōshāt mīshātk āddāt mēkū tasō" He says that he is happy that he and you will finally be able to communicate now. Edward nodded
"Egōtk ja askēt" I am too.

"Egōtk ja askēt"
I am too...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alrighty this is finished for now! I thi k I'll continue this into the next chapter so that you know the events up to when Ed/Shiīnkā is first called to Roy's room for the first time. I hope you enjoyed this and I hope you're all looking forward for the next chapter.
Thanks for reading this far in my horrid writing!
~Juria Kurosaki-Chan