Chapter 3

"If you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to do another and harder and better one." – C.S. Lewis

"We really don't have time to take her back first."

"But we can't leave her either. She clearly has no idea who she is or what she's doing here," Caspian disagrees with Peter.

"Exactly. There's really only one solution: we have to bring her along," Edmund says.

For a moment Peter and Caspian exchange looks, then Peter turns to Edmund. "Okay, Ed. I'll trust your judgement."

Macy watches Peter, Edmund and Caspian from a distance and realizes they're discussing about her fate. Should she run? If she's quiet enough they might not even notice it. But where can she run to? It's a real possibility they are her only chance of survival.
When Edmund comes her way, she decides to trust them. It's not like she has much of a choice anyway. 

"We've decided you can go with us. If you want, of course. It might be dangerous, as we're heading to Ettinsmoor."

"Ettinsmoor?"

"Yes. That's where the giants live, so—"

"Giants?

"Yes, they normally wouldn't hurt a fly, but everyone's acting a bit strange lately, so I can't assure you we will be safe."

It's not like I'm safe here, all on my own, Macy thinks. 

"So... do you want to come along?" Edmund asks.

"Yes, I guess I will."

Both Peter and Caspian immediately continue their journey, as they know time's running up.

"Are you coming?" Edmund asks, reaching out his hand to her.

Amanda gasps for air. Even though she can't remember, she can't imagine she has ever run this hard in her entire life.
They've finally made it to the other side of the bridge, which was a very long run. 

"Are you okay?" Reepicheep asks.

Amanda nods, even though she's not entirely sure if that's the truth. She's sweating like crazy, not only because she ran this far, but also because the temperature is even higher here. She thought it was warm in Tashbaan, but that was nothing in comparison to this.
"Where are we anyway?" Amanda asks. The only thing she can see is sand, sand and even more sand. 

"What do you think? The Great Desert of course," Thomas sighs.

"The Great what?" Amanda desperately looks at Thomas. A desert doesn't seem like a very good place to run to. "There wasn't another option?"

"We did have another option. We could've gone to Calormen, but it's so well guarded we didn't want to take that chance," Reepicheep explains. "We also have more chance to get food over here."

"Food? In the desert?"

"Yes, we have arranged a meeting place. Queen Susan and her cousin Eustace will be there and I'm pretty sure they'll bring us some food.

"If we make it, that is," Thomas adds.

"Do you really have to be so negative?" Amanda asks, annoyed. She realizes she was wrong. Thomas is anything but friendly and he really annoys her. She looks at the bloody palms of her hands. His fault as well. 
Suddenly she realizes she lost her coat during their escape. She sighs, slightly sad, then decides not to think about it anymore. It's not like she'll need it here anyway.