Chapter 10

"The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are." – C.S. Lewis

"So you're saying my sister is going to be sacrificed?" Edmund asks in shock.

"Yes, but that's a good thing. Now we know where to find her. We only have to make sure she won't actually be sacrificed," Thomas answers.

"And how do you think we can do that? Do you realize how many Calormenes there will be tomorrow to stop us?"

"Don't you remember how many Telmarines there were? And how big the White Witch's army was?"

"Yes, I remember. Of course I remember." Edmund sighs. "But it was Aslan who really defeated them, not us." 

"That's why we need to ask Him for help."

"I think we should go back to Cair Paravel," Edmund says, ignoring Thomas. 

As they walk back to the palace, Macy starts talking to Edmund, just quiet enough for Thomas not to hear. "I think he's right, Ed. We should ask Aslan for help."

"How? We can't just tell Him to come and help us."

"But we can always ask."

∞∞∞∞  

Amanda and Reepicheep are standing in front of the gate when they finally get back. They just arrived a couple of minutes earlier and decided to wait for Thomas, Macy and Edmund.

Thomas pulls Amanda in an embrace and gives her a kiss on her cheek. "I can't believe you are already back. I thought it would take you much longer than that."

"The Dryads had some friends who gave us a lift."

"A lift?" Thomas gives her a confused look.

"Their friends were horses," she explains. 

"Did the Dryads succeed? Did they warn my family? " Edmund asks.

"Yes. I've heard they were just in time. It really was a trap, but they managed to escape because of the Dryads. Everyone's okay. They're on their way back to Cair Paravel, but it'll take a while so they're definitely not going to be back in time for tomorrow," Amanda explains. 

"That means they won't be able to help us. Meaning we should come up with a plan ourselves."

Thomas nods in agreement. "Maybe we can pretend like we're one of them. If they think we're helping them we might get a chance to get to Lucy." 

"They might believe you are one of them," Edmund says. "You do look a bit like a Calormene and you have the accent, but they'll never believe we're one of them. I, for a start, am the King of Narnia, I'm sure they know that, and Reepicheep and the Beavers are obviously Narnians."

"What about us?" Macy asks. 

"We don't look enough like Calormenes," Amanda responds. "Our hair and eyes aren't dark enough, I think."

"Then I'll do it," Thomas says. "I'll pretend like I'm one of them and try to help her. If you guys make sure you're all around in case something goes wrong, it might work."

"I think that's a good idea."

"I still think we should ask Aslan for help, though."

"Me too," Macy agrees.

"Okay, fine. But I first want us all to be ready for our plan. If we have time left we'll search for Him."

Thomas nods in agreement. "But first, can we please eat?"

∞∞∞∞  

They use the rest of the evening to prepare for the next day. The Beavers and Reepicheep gather as many Narnians as they can to help tomorrow, as the others try to plan everything out in detail. 

When they're convinced they can't possibly plan it any better they decide to go to bed. Macy, Amanda and Thomas follow Edmund through the palace to their rooms. Macy keeps being amazed as she looks around. Everything is so big and beautiful. She really wishes she could live here. 

"Here's your room," Edmund tells Macy as they stop in front of one of the rooms. She opens the door, steps inside and looks around. Her eyes grow wide as she looks at the large comfortable bed in the middle of the room. She soon discovers there's also a fireplace, making her feel at home even more. For a moment she thinks about taking a bath but decides she has more important things to do. She walks to Amanda's room, next to hers, and knocks on the door. 

"Come in," Amanda says.

Macy opens the door to find Amanda and Thomas, sitting next to each other on the bed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"No, problem. I was just leaving anyway," Thomas says with a smile on his face. He presses a kiss on Amanda's lips and walks out of the room. 

"Are you okay?" Amanda asks, as Macy sits down next to her.

Macy nods. "Can you tell me something about me? And about us... we are best friends, right?"

"Yes. We are from another world where Narnia is just a story. Or at least that's what we thought. I bought rings for us and they turned out to be Digory's rings."

"Whose rings?"

"Oh right. I think I have a lot of explaining to do," Amanda chuckles. "Let's start at the beginning..." 

A/N

Thanks so much for reading this chapter, I hope you still enjoy reading my story. I'd really like to know if you do (or don't) so please vote and/or leave a comment. 

What do you think is going to happen next? Will Thomas be able to save Lucy? 

Love.