The Letter

Keep In mind, this was written BEFORE dinner, and when Maxon & America walked the deck. America sent this the morning after. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 10, 1912

  Dear Aspen,

I miss you deeply. My heart broke the second we left. Leaving you was the most hardest thing I had ever done. I miss all the times we spend together, and I miss walking to the bakery with you. I want you to know that, you are always welcome to come to the United States, but I don't want you to leave your family for me. Your family is the most important thing for you, and I don't want you to give that up. Maybe in an alternate universe, you could sail on the Titanic with me, along with your family, but that isn't the case. I also want you to know that I always imagined me walking down the aisle to you. We would have our wedding at the Polhawn Fort in Cornwall. A beautiful location just looking over the vast ocean. And I imagined us settling down in a cottage just outside of Southampton. We would have a few kids, I would focus on my music career, and you would be able to do whatever you dreamed of. I wanted a forever with you Aspen. I wanted to be your one. So Aspen, we will continue to write to each other, I will miss seeing your face everyday. But Aspen, promise me one thing. Don't wait for me forever, if a girl comes along and you can picture living the rest of your life with, don't turn her down. I want you to go for it, I want you to move on. Aspen, if the universe allows, we will be together one day, if not life long partners, then at least best friends. You are the person who I tell everything to. You are my person. I will never stop forgetting you, and I will always love you.

-America

P.s and if you ever find yourself in the United States, my family will be staying in Chicago.

----------------------------------------------------

Okay that was the letter America wrote to Aspen! Keep in mind that this was written way before dinner, and everything after. America sent this letter to Aspen, when the ship docked in Queenstown.