Sticking Together.

Marlee P.O.V

I take a sip of my tea, and I look around the room. There are many couples having tea and hors d'oeuvres. To my right, I see a young lady teach her daughter how to have tea properly.

"So Carter, Tell me about your family." I ask.

"Well, only if you insist." He says with a smile.

"My parents are in the U.S. right now, building our house. My father builds houses, and he used to decorate the palace for Queen Victoria. Because of her generosity, we were able to move to the states, and make a living. My mother has an apothecary, and she had a practice outside of London. I have many siblings, four to be exact. They are all younger than me, my sisters are 15 and 12, and and my two twin brothers are 8. My older sister wants to be a model, my younger sister wants to be a chef, and my brothers want to be professional  football players. I'm not really sure what i want to do yet, but ill figure it out."

"How about you? Tell me about yourself" he says after he takes a sip of coffee

"Well, there is not much to tell. My parents are on the Carpathia, traveling with America's family. As for me, I am an only child. I would love to be a veterinarian. America and I ride horses, and I love taking care of them, and the dogs we had at our house. I would love to start up my own practice, and help the animals around where I live. I think I want to have a somewhat big family when i get married."

Crap. I cant believe I said that out loud! This is our first date, and I already told him what kind of family i want to have. Good job Marlee, now Carter may not be interested in you anymore. Why didn't I say something else? Where was my filter? Why did I have to tell him so soon....

"You ok Marlee? You look worried?" Carter asks.

I snap out of my daze to take a sip of tea. "Just thinking about things. Talking about all of that brought up stuff that I wasn't ready to think about yet."

He rubs  my hand "It's okay, I know what you mean. Do you want to go somewhere and talk about it?" He asks.

I smile. Carter is so sweet, and I know he genuinely cares about me. I think I'm starting to fall for him.

"Yeah that would be great! Thanks Carter. " I say.

Carter takes my hand, and we walk out of the cafe. We head over to a bench on our private promenade deck. I sit down next to him, and I face him. Carter rubs my hands and holds them, as he begins to talk.

"I was up last night, thinking about what is going to happen when we dock. I know my family is going to meet me in New York, and we will travel to our new home. But I'm so scared to be in a new place, with new people. To be completely honest, I miss England so much. I was really hesitant on moving to a new country that is 3,500  miles away. He says while staring at the floor.

"I know exactly how you feel. I am so worried. Lately I have been having this pit in my stomach, like something bad is about to happen." I say while also staring at the floor.

"What do you mean by something bad Marlee?" He asks.

"Ever since I stepped onto the ship, I have had this sinking feeling in my stomach. I don't know if its because of moving to a completely new destination, or if we weren't supposed to get on this ship. I look deep into his eyes. "I don't mean like, we weren't supposed to meet because honestly Carter, I do feel like we were suppose to meet." He smiles.

I take a deep breath. "I just mean like something bad is about to happen, that will affect all of us. I don't know; this is just the pit I have had in my stomach."

He rubs my forearm, and I feel a little bit better. I know that Carter will be there for me.

"Whatever it is, We will get through it together." He says deep into my eyes.

We stare out the balcony on the ocean, watching the sunset for a little bit before he says...

"Marlee, about what we were talking about earlier... The whole future thing, I know that that may have been a little bit early, and I don't know if that's what you were initially worried about, but I think I would want a big family to." He says.

He leans closer to me, and I ask myself, "Can I see a future with him?" "Can I make a long distance relationship work, if we are far from each other?" I lean closer. "Can I work on the two of us, to make our relationship last?"

I smile.

Of course I can.

Carter P.O.V.

Oh man, I really like this girl. I think this is the moment. I want to see a future with us. I lean in closer and look deep into her eyes, I ask the questions with my eyes, and she leans closer. She looks deep into my eyes, and gives a faint nod, like she is giving me permission. I slowly move my hand up the side of her face, and gently bring her closer to me. I give her the faintest kiss, and she deepens it.

Marlee P.O.V.

After he kisses me, I feel all my worries go away. I'm not as worried anymore. I let go, and smile to myself.

I look into his eyes, and I smile.

"Carter Woodwork, What am I going to do about you?" I ask.

He smiles, and looks into my eyes. "Be my girlfriend!?" He asks.

I give a surprised look, I would love to be his girlfriend.

"Wait what!" I smile. "Really!?" I ask.

"Yes Marlee Tames. I want you to be my girlfriend." he says.

I give him a slow but quick kiss. "I would be honored to be your girlfriend. Only if you'll be my boyfriend?" I ask.

"I would love to be your boyfriend; and I promise to always take care of you. I promise to put you first. Because thats how much I care about you right now."

He looks deep into my eyes, and kisses me again. We watch the sunset for a little bit more, before we head back to our rooms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the end of that chapter! I know its a little bit shorter than the previous ones, but I felt like this chapter had to end right here. The next one will be the end of April 11, 1912.

On another note...

I am so mad at myself. I originally wrote this chapter and it didn't save! (Even though I pressed the save button 5 times!) Anyway I lost 700 words (From Carter telling Marlee his worries, to the end) and I had to rewrite it again. I thought the original was so good, but please let me know your thoughts, also if this has happened to you before!

Anyways, Have a wonderful day!!

~Allison