Chapter III

Tremaine †

I sat my keys on the coffee table as I checked the time on the cable box.

4:33 am.

I crept into the room Malcolm was sleeping in. Unsurprisingly he was sleeping. But the sound of the squeaking door awoke him. "Hey babe." He said in his sleepy voice lord knew I couldn't resist. I laid down with him putting on one of his huge shirts.

7 hours later

I woke up to the smell of breakfast foods. Good ones at that. I walked into our kitchen to see Malcolm putting his creation of food on to two plates. He smiled at the sight of me. I surely would have expected him to blow up within the time I arrived home but I guess not. "Made breakfast for my special lady." He said sitting down placing the two plates on either side of the table. I sat down eyeballing him the whole time. "Malcolm, you okay?" I'm not unhappy with it it's just we've been in a lot of arguments lately and it's shocking to see him so quixotic.

"Tre I'm fine. Maybe a little high, but I'm fine," I think that was one of the reasons we connected so much, both stressed and looking for that thing to ease it. "And I was cool with you going out with Cole last night. Well this morning." I felt a load of weight off my shoulders. It's just ... how did he know?

It was honestly just a chill day for us; cuddling and watching movies on Netflix. "Malcolm, can I ask you something?" i said looking up at him. He pecked my lips, "Of course." I sat up, releasing myself from his grasp. "How did you know I was out with Cole?" He took a deep breath, "Baby, it doesn't matter, everything is fine."

Short quick chapter. I'm "back". I guess.