Ch. 23 Until We Meet Again

THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS. THE SEQUEL WILL COME BUT IT WILL BE FURTHER INTO THE FUTURE. YOU WON'T KNOW WHAT LANDON WENT TO THE POLICE STATION FOR UNTIL THE SEQUEL COMES OUT. REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!!!!!!

 CHECK OUT THE MAIN CHARACTERS IN THE SLIDE SHOW ON THE RIGHT!!!! --------->

HERE'S TO YOU NOT KILLING FOR WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER.

AUTHOR'S NOTE(12/8/11) : THE SEQUEL IS OUT!!!! CHECK IT OUT? WHEN YOU FINISH THIS OF COURSE. :)

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALYSSA'S POV

When I walked through the front door, all four adults seemed to be waiting for us to return. I looked behind me and realized that Landon didn't follow me inside the house. That punk was throwing me to the wolves but I wasn't in the mood to be mad at him. He probably had his own reasons to go off on his own. I would have drove off too if i was driving.

I looked back at our parents. They looked a bit worried when they saw my face. I'm sure my eyes were puffy from all the crying. They probably thought that Landon and I had a little fight since he didn't come back with me. I didn't feel like correcting their thoughts so without saying anything to them, I walked passed them and headed for my room.

The moment I shut the door to my room and locked it, the tears began to fall again. My best friend was no longer alive. She wasn't going to burst into my room and demand that I stop studying. I never imagined what my life would be like if she wasn't in it. We were going to go to college together after we found a nice apartment. How was I supposed to survive being in California without her?

I fell to the floor and just cried my heart out. Any minute my parents will come and knock to see why I was crying. I won't let them in though. There was no time to explain if I was going to leave town today. A part of me wanted to stay and wait for Tia's funeral like a best friend should but the other part of me was scared to stay here any longer. If Tia was here, she would have managed to convince me to leave because she would think it was for the best.

I crawled over to my bed and grabbed two suitcases that I stashed under it. Everything that I would need for California was already packed inside the suitcases. I moved them next to my door and then curled up on the floor. My parents began to knock on my bedroom door. I shut my eyes and wished that this summer never happened. In my mind, it was just another normal day and Tia was on her way over to my house to pick me up for movie night. Landon and John would probably be getting ready for a party they planned to attend. Life seemed nice in my mind.

I didn't realize that I fell asleep until someone was trying to wake me up. My mind continued to play out the daily routine I had during the weekends. I didn't want to wake up from this perfect dream. Everything was fine here and I enjoyed every minute of it. When I felt a warm hand on my cheek, my eyes opened instantly.

"Hey, you should get up from the floor. I'm sure it's uncomfortable," Landon whispered, as he caressed my cheek.

Parts of my body suddenly felt stiff from being in a little ball on the hard floor. I sat up and rubbed my eyes while I yawned. I looked up at Landon and realized our parents were standing behind him. How the heck did they get in here? The door was locked.