chapter 2

Mira's p.o.v

It happend again. I got upset and the bullet that struck the wolf ended up lodged in the farmers heart. I have one last chance and the well it's proof that I'm a witch and we all know what happens to them. I hate it I can't control it but there's hope. Hope that it can stop. * knock knock * I went to answer the door . it was the door I opened it slowly and stuck my head round. it was the post man he looked freighted. " it's ok I'm not going to hurt you" I smiled. There was a loud sight of relief then he said " miss mirajane " he paused and handed me a letter, I looked it over as he continued "I bid you good day" . he walked off and I shut the door. The stamp had a wolf in the centre and swirls all around. It was the royal stamp. I'm dreading this.

Dear miss mirajane strauss,

I'm writing to ask you to work as the maid of duke Freed, duke Bickslow or duchess Evergreen and her sister Erza Scarlet . Your application has been through a lot of thought and we think you could benefit from the training. If you accept our offer then meet me at the palace gates tomorrow

Your sinserly king makarov dreyar

That was all the letter contained.

Erza scarlet. that sounds vaguely familiar

time skip next morning

I get up really early and change into my plain red dress. I rush out the door and grab my cloak on my way. the crunching under foot is all I can hear until I get to the village from then it's just wispers and insults. I hurry my pace. then another pace started to speed up. I'm being followed. I can't see who it is from the sizes of my hood. All the villagers are staring, I finally pluck up enough courage to turn around. I sigh in relief. It was a child, his father came running after him. " Romeo, I've been " fear took him over "Romeo come hear now"

" why papa?" the small purple haired boy asked " I just want to see the wolves"

my face momentarily dropped. I knelt down so I was the same height as the small boy and said " the wolfs aren't here to day ,ok." he looked disappointed " but if you want I can get you some wolf hair," then I looked up at his dad" if that's ok with your dad, go on go to your dad" then I did one of my smiles that I usually saved for lisanna and Elman. the small boy returned the smile and ran off to this dad.

I spun on my heel and carried on walking.

laxus's p.o.v

I got up and got dressed. my wound was killing , but I promised my cousins that I would help them choose there new maids and if they don't like them then I might get one if I'm lucky. I straighten up my dark blue blazer and make sure my hair is ok. " Ow luxas how are?" my cousin evergreen beamed while her sister Erza glared at her. " leave luxas alone, ever" my most considerate cousin and close friend freed said. " yeah yeah I don't care as long as I have my babies" bickslow said as he got hugs and kisses from his five dogs. I walked down the spiral stairs and there she was. she didn't recognise me but I knew it was her. among all the other maids trying out, i know it's her.