chapter 3

Mira's p.o.v

I looked up the red carpeted spiral staircase and something cought my eye. A handsome man in a blue suit with golden hair and hazle eyes. He looked so strong. our eyes met momenteraly and i glanced away. He started to walk down the steps, instantly I could see he was in pain. Without thinking I rushed faward yelling "please stop your in a lot of pain" he stopped slightly, held his breath and carried on. He was in front of me now . " you have quite the eye , young lady'' he paused " how would you treat a woond like this?" Taking of his jacket and unbuttoning his shirt there was a thick bandage. *smack* the noise rang in the air. I covered my mouth in shock. I just slapped prince laxus in the face. Duke freed pushed be back and shouted. Suddenly the floor came up to meet me as i toppled down the stairs. i closed my eyes expecting to hit the floor but I never did. I slowly opend my eyes and saw prince luxus holding my wrist so gently that i couldn't even feel his touch. I got to my feet slow ly and said " thank you sir, but-" i was cut off by a scream. Prince luxas calapsed on the floor in pain.

His woond spewed blood.

I grabbed my dress and ripped off a long strip, and pushed down on the woond hard.'' Why did you slap him?" Freed asked protectively. I didn't answer.

Mini time skip ( like 10 minutes )

Laxus slowly sat up."Don't move" i scolded i checked his bullet woond had clotted before giving him the all clear. "Why did you slap me?"

" why did you jump in front of me?"

" what are you on about ? "

" Don't play dumb that bullet was ment for me" i replied angrily

"So... you knew it was me, but how? "

" couse of your eyes,"

" my eyes? "

" yes now go to your room and get some rest "

" bu-''

"NOW" i said letting some of my dark power in my voice, he did as he was told.

" king makarov I'm sorry but it was for his own good.'' I said ashamed that i blue my last chance. I slowly looked up at his angry face, but there was no anger just... a smile!

" Finally someone who luxas respects. It's taken me years to find someone that can control this beast." His grin streached even more" welcome to your new home, Now who wants this maid under there wing" he said jesturing to the large rather odd family in front of me.

No one stepped faward."ok then we'll do the test'' king mukuruv said grinning slightly " the rules are you get asked a question and you have to give the best ancer" i tryed to hide my confidence. I always had a way with words."but there is one rule, ok" he pased and all my confidence melted away at his words." You are only alowed one word ancers"

" ready"

" yes "

" why are you hear?" King makarov started

"Help"

"Why do you think we would help you?" The firey red head said.

"Kindness"

"We are not kind. Why would you think that?" Freed quireed

"Wolves" a small gin spread across freeds face

"Why were you in the woods?" Bickslow asked

" curiosity"

" last one" evergreen stated " what do you want from us? "

" knowledge"

Everyone looked impressed but still no one stepped faward "I'll take her in" the familiar voice of prince luxus.

I stepped faward and wisperd " i thought i told you to rest" i know he can hear me though."yes your right you did and i went and rested and now I'm healed." He replyed smugly letting a small smirk of satisfaction apear across his face while lifting the bottom of his shirt to revil a fresh scar. A question suddenly made its way into my mind.

"Well then why didn't you heal straight away in the first place?" I questioned and everyone turned to look at him.

" i -errr... i - i don't know? " he lied. I can tell but i don't pry the matter.

"No I'll take her, i think she could do some... good or help me find some... ancers around here" the beautiful red hed stepped faward, as i nodded.

" you start tomorrow at 5:00am don't be late" and just like that they turned away.