Saturn

Saturn

Zackary ran a tired hand through his semi long tresses as he people watched from his positon at the very corner in the ball hall. He had been in the party for over 2 hours now, having lost Rebecca an hour ago, when she had gone to talk with a friend of hers. Zackary had promptly refused her invitation to go to a quieter place to talk with her friends. He had endured an hour with overall people talking nonstop; he didn't want to endure another hour hearing only women talk too.

He was sitting glumly on a chair he had dragged from one of the many hundreds of tables that adored the hall. He was regretting the fact that he didn't take any refreshing with him, but were too lazy and sad to get up and dish something up at the buffet the other side of the room, the side where the most people were mingling at.

Playing with his fingers, he calculated the time before he could leave, without getting the stink eye from any of his father's friend for leaving early. He had come the result that he to at least stay for another 20 minutes, before it was all right to leave. He had been here for over 2 hours, they can bloody accept that he didn't want to stay another minute, when they knew that his good be damned Ex were at the other side of the room, talking and laughing as he had a beautiful red head at his arms. They were a pretty couple that he could see. But he didn't want to tarnish his families name by saying something stupid, when the room were full with the biggest big shot in the country.

He knew when to shut up, and now were the time. However, even that proved to be a challenge, when a hand reached out to him, holding a glass of champagne. Zackary were looking down, so one could think about how surprised he was, almost squawking, when he looked eyes with none other than Xander himself.

Good God, the man looked good enough to eat.

He gave him a small smile, quietly thanking him as he took a hold of the glass, taking a small sip as he looked down, blushing, when Xander took another chair and sat beside him.

"What are you doing here all by yourself, beautiful?" he asked, making Zackary blush harder, as he stammered a lame excuse.

"I don't really feel it tonight, a little tired and all that..But what about you? What are you doing here, talking to gloomy me, while you could mingle with other people that will be 100 times more entertaining than me?" he quickly changed the topic from him to Xander, trying to mask his features as best he could, by trying to look down as often he could.

Xander chuckled, Zackary shuddering a little from the husky sound, as he waited for him to answer.

"To be quite fair, I would rather talk with someone that didn't appear snobbish or rude, and fortunately, you were the only one in the room that I wanted to talk to. Not that I'm complaining since I'm quite happy about being in the presence of someone so beautiful as you" he huskily whispered out, as he took Zackary's hand his is, giving the top of the hand a tender kiss, making Zackary's face explode in colors, as he tried to find his words.

"I-I- I, Xander, I'm not beautiful, I think you need to see the eye doctor" he tried to save himself from the utter embarrassment of suddenly fainting from how warm he felt inside. Mentally slapping himself for that stupid answer, he bit his lips, looking down. Xander let out another chuckle, shaking his head as he locked his eyes to mine.

"I'm pretty sure my eyes are perfect as they are, beautifull. Why can't you see that your the most beautiful person in this room? More beautiful than that woman over there, hanging on your ex like he were God himself" Zackary bit his lips.

"Why can't you see that you're so much better than these people? Why give them your attention, when you can give it to someone else that would happily take it and give their attention back?" Zackary was mute. He were speechless.

"It hurts doesn't it?" Xander suddenly whispered after a long pause where both of us didn't say anything, only watching the perfect couple mingle with different people.

He nodded, head dropping as he felt tears brimming his eyes. Xander quickly took his chin up with his finger, wiping a stray tear away with his thump. His eyes soft and loving, making Zackary want to hug the almost stranger that he have only known for a day and a half.

"They don't deserve you Zackary, he does not deserve you, and he definitely doesn't deserve your love" Xander whispered sincerely as he nuzzled his cheek with his thump, the skin under his thump tingling from the simple touch as Zackary looked into his eyes, his body shuddering from the loving caress.

He was right, they didn't deserve his attention. They don't deserve his sadness and the man definitely did not deserve his love. Too bad it took a broken marriage for Zackary to realize that. But hey, someone has to start somewhere. And this was his start, his new start to a better love life. Be damned if the bastard would try to ruin it by showing his ugly face.

Zackary gave Xander a small smile. Taking his hands in his.

"You're right. They don't deserve my sadness, and they definitely do not deserve my love"

"Good, now it's time to show them just that"