Chapter 4

I hurried over to my car and drove to where Riley was parked. Since he had no clue where I lived or the diner, besides that it was 10 minutes away. But he had no idea which way or anything. The parking lot was bare still. The black asphalt glistening with a thin layer of late night dew. For such a big parking lot there were only a couple street lights to light the whole area, leaving the place very dim.

I rolled my window down when I got to him. I heard him saying "Dang that is a nice ride." His tone showed he was genuinely impressed.

"Thanks. Last chance to back out." I offered, even though I knew he couldn't resist me actually agreeing to a date.

He gave me a to die for smirk and said, "I’m not letting you get away that easy, Ms. Young."

"Oooo, but its Special Agent Young to you Mr. Riley Parker." I replied smiling.

"Oh, my mistake."

I revved up my engine and my car took off. He quickly started his car up, following me. A good 10 or 12 minutes of empty vacant streets and tall buildings. Even though I have been living here for close to three years now I honestly couldn’t tell you what was inside half of these buildings. I imagine half of them are vacant, looking for renters or small u and coming businesses but are currently occupying a bunch of cold homeless people. It was a straight away from the market to the diner. We only came across three lights, only waiting at one red light. In no time at all we were there, parking outside my apartment building and Louies 24 Hour Diner.

Riley walked up to my door as I was gathering my things. As I got out of the car I heard him ask, "So, what exactly is the game plan here?" He sounded so unsure of everything. Maybe he was having second thought of following a strange girl he barely knows into a part of town that even I’ll admit looked slightly creepy.

I honestly had no clue so I stated the obvious. "I’m going to go in this building here and change." I said as I pointed to my apartment building. I continued, "You’re going to go in that diner" I pointed across the street to Louies, "and we are going to eat and talk." I sarcastically smiled at him, and he rolled his eyes at me for stating the definition of obvious. He turned and headed to the diner and me to my apartment.

I didn't even wait for the elevator, I raced up the stairs to the fifth floor. Apartment number 542. I was out of breath by the time I reached the door. I tried to catch it as I searched through my purse for my keys. When I finally was able to get into my place, I ran straight to my huge walk in closet.

The second I reached my closet I kicked out of my flip flops and dropped all of my belongings in my arms on the floor. I hurried and undid my dress straps and the dress gracefully fell to the ground. I looked around my closet at all of my cloths trying to figure out exactly what to wear. In my search for clothes my eyes fell on the average size body mirror I had hanging on the wall. I stared at myself for a moment. My brunette highlighted hair slightly fell in my face. I was barefoot and the only thing covering my toned body was a strapless blue bra with a matching thong.

I quickly broke my gaze and tried to find an outfit. I finally opted for a hippie comfortable look. I wore a tie-dye shirt that I and a couple of my friends back in California made together. It was all cut and butchered, we watched an Ed Hardy tutorial online on how they do all the custom designs and tried it ourselves. The shirt itself was an off the shoulders 80's style shirt with quarter sleeves. The back had horizontal rips that unhung loosely but fitting and showed off my back. The front had a semi-deep plunge that showed a little cleavage but not an excessive slutty amount. It looked amazing, I was in love with it. I put on a pair of my strappy brown sandals, the straps tied up my tan legs. I wore a pair of fitting denim shorts that came down to my mid-thigh. The final finishing touch was a braided light brown head band. I quickly glanced in the mirror to make sure I looked acceptably presentable. I did, I looked decent for only taking...I glanced at the clock, 7 minutes!