Chapter 9 - Part 2

Abel was going to use all the restraint he could muster to hold back from giving free rein to his body's needs when he saw Nellie. There was something bigger looming, something too important now he needed to communicate to her. Since he was still too damn scared to ruin things by doing so verbally, he'd be showing her as he thought he had in San Francisco.

He'd only been at her place for a few minutes when he stopped her in the kitchen where he'd followed her. Holding out that long had been a feat in itself. The moment he got the chance, he leaned her against the counter and his lips were on hers. As weak as he felt to have failed so miserably at restraining himself, he did kiss her tenderly. It took great effort, but he didn't kiss her nearly as hungrily as he really wanted to. Okay, maybe he was going to have to try a little harder. Just like earlier that day in her office, it felt like it had been forever since he last kissed her. As much as he enjoyed kissing her this sweetly and softly, his insides were ready to unleash what they'd missed so intensely this past week. Somehow her mouth tasted even better than he remembered, and she felt so much more perfect in his arms now.

Forcing himself, Abel pulled away then held her face in his hands, smiling. He really should feel a little alarmed about what a struggle it was to not just eat her up, maybe even a little worried he'd start freaking her out. Instead, even as worked up as he'd been all day, all he could do was smile like an idiot as he stared into her beautiful eyes.

"You're all I've thought of since I left your office today."

It was mostly true. She and her fucking date tomorrow had consumed the majority of his agonized thoughts even before he'd gone to her office, but more so after gaining a little more insight about the date. She'd be going on with Logan, the same guy she'd jumped out of bed with Abel to be with once already.

The playful way she grinned at him cooled the heat he'd begun to feel just thinking about the nature of her relationship with Logan.

"I have to admit I've had a hard time keeping my mind clear of thoughts of you today too." She licked her lips. "Your visit today was a very pleasant surprise. So the disappointment of our interruption is one I knew I wouldn't get over until I saw you again."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him more ravenously than he'd expected, heightening what his already frenzied insides were trying to restrain. Unable to hold back any more, he moaned against her lips, kissing her even deeper. He brought his hands down and stroked them over her behind a little harder than he'd planned on doing this soon. She rubbed her body up against his, smothering her breasts against his chest.

Abel was done holding back. She was as shamelessly frantic for more as he felt, and it made him insane. He could only hope that meant that, like him, she'd gone without any satisfaction this entire week. She reacted to him squeezing her ass with both hands by bringing her hand down and rubbing him over his jeans. He was so hard now it hurt, and he lifted her onto the counter with a growl.

Tonight was supposed to have been about conveying something deeper to her. Now the only deep thing on his mind was how deeply he wanted to be buried in her.

"You missed me?" he asked roughly against her mouth then bit her bottom lip.

"God, yes!"

He smiled before diving into her mouth again. All right, time for Plan B. It was something that may not be as effective in getting her to feel the very real emotions he felt for her now, but it might work for him in a different way. He'd make love to her so hard and so often tonight and maybe even well into the morning that she couldn't possibly dream of letting or wanting another man do this to her so soon and hopefully ever.