Chapter 10 - Part 2

"I still can't believe Logan just up and left you with another guy. But, okay, you know me," Bianca said, leaning in and lowering her voice. "I'm a sucker for colored eyes and my babe's eyes are probably as good as they get, but I still want details. You said Sam's eyes are super light?"

"Oh my God, yes," Nellie said, thankful that Bianca had lowered her voice.

She knew she had no reason to try to keep this on the down low, but things between her and Sam could be different than with Logan. She'd always said from the moment she started this thing with Abel that if she ever considered sleeping with someone else she'd end things with Abel. Sam was definitely a consideration. "It was so hard to concentrate on what he was saying, because his eyes are so crystal light blue I kept getting caught up in them."

"Oh!" Bianca clutched her chest. "I know just the feeling. I felt completely drawn to Gio even way back in high school. It's something about those colored eyes."

The only eyes that Nellie had ever felt completely drawn to were Abel's. She said that Sam's had distracted her, but she'd leave that clarification to herself. Roni looked too pleased at the moment.

"I don't think it's the color but the intensity that gets me," Charlee said, her own big blue eyes sparkling as she smiled, looking lovesick and glancing in Hector's direction.

"I agree," Roni smiled big. "It's what you feel when he looks at you so deeply and profoundly. It's what ultimately did me in with Noah. I'd never felt like that with anyone else." She turned to Nellie, smiling silly. "So was it like that with Sam?"

Glancing quickly in Abel's direction, hoping he hadn't heard anything because Roni wasn't quite as hushed as Bianca, Nellie was relieved to see he was engrossed in the fight. "No, I didn't feel anything like that." Nellie sighed. Not from him anyway. "They were just so light. I don't think I've ever seen anything like them." She turned to Charlee. "Your eyes are amazing, but they're deep blue. His were," she stopped to think about it, "almost clear at times. They were so light but still blue."

It was just distracting, but she'd felt nothing. The only thing she could think of was that he'd probably be a good distraction from Abel. He certainly was nice to look at. Roni probed for more as she'd expected, and Nellie told her everything she knew so far about Sam. "He's does news commentary for a cable channel out of Detroit where he's from. He's only out here visiting family for the week."

Roni frowned, crinkling her nose, and Nellie wasn't sure if Roni was disappointed that he wasn't from around here or that his career was too similar to her ex-husband's.

"He said he travels a lot," she said, immediately regretting saying it so loudly as Hector walked up from behind Charlee, placing his hand on her shoulder then kissing her temple.

"Who travels a lot?" he asked, smiling curiously.

"The guy she met last night." Roni grinned widely. "He has sparkling blue eyes, too, that completely captivated Nellie." She continued to grin as she lifted her empty plate from in front of her and stood up. "Who wants cheesecake?" she asked as she walked into the kitchen.

Nellie was nearly caught in Hector's stare as he lifted a brow and his smile virtually vanished. Taking Roni's cue, she stood up, looking away from Hector's prying eyes. Were both Abel and Hector this territorial even over each other's girls? Then she remembered the cruise. It was the only time she'd been around Abel, Hector, and Charlee for that long of a period. On more than one instance when Hector had stepped away from Charlee, who was such a head turner with her eye-catching, bright red locks, Abel had stepped up and stood next to her. It was all he had to do. His big, ominous presence next to Charlee was enough to deter even the most courageous admirers. Noah had even teased that Charlee didn't just have a boyfriend she had an entourage.