Chapter 7: Dejected

"Sometimes all you can do is lie in bed, and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart"

- William C. Hannan

-------------------------------------

Manik

"Tick tick"

The clock ticked 6 as we seated on glistered steel chairs waiting for doctor to arrive with test reports. Sure we are in hospital, of course for Alya's unseen hands.

I slowly dropped my eyes to marble floor, drifting to unforeseen events back in the kitchen. Alya had bawled on us for not trusting her about her simple assumption of pranks by Mukti and Cabir. They tried to placate her with scads of reasons but she is just not ready to believe any. After getting tired for umpieth time we drowned in a stressful silence. I closed my eyes to calm myself but all I can see is flashes of Alya and happenings about her hand. I carefully opened my eyes to reason her every reason ceasing her from accepting truth, but what I saw next pushed me more into eerie darkness where I never wished to be. I took deep breaths to grip myself and also to gather all broken pieces to put them one for Alya to espy it. I broke a bit when I told her I can't see her both hands, now and she stood there paralyzed , tears aimlessly warmed her cheeks, crumbling her lips she widened her eyes, in a second she fluttered her eyelashes trying to blur up her image for a thought to be a dream but I knew she knew, it's never going to happen. She crinkled her nose in...disgust and swiftly turned to me, maybe to clean cut my remark but to her dismay Mukti supported me and that is when I saw her hopelessly breaking. Shattering down with that expression of helplessness of a future she never wanted to see, stabbed right through my heart. But all I did is standing there numb, reactionless, broken and displeased.

It's been half hour we are trying to mollify her and kept telling that it may be an acute disease and we can get through it but she was weeping incoherently. I already called up the doctor to get an appointment, thankfully he agreed. We carefully explicated her about the scenario and let few words for her being fine. We cautiously helped her to car and drove away to hospital. We reached hospital but to our surprize her hands were getting back to their originals as we settled on chairs, alongside Dhruv had been holding Alya's unseen hand throughout the journey.

We visited doctor and explained details of Alya's hands. He threw us confused looks but served us tests which Alya should take. Dhruv lead her to laboratory whilst we waited outside. After tests we are here, impatiently waiting for reports. I dropped back to my thoughts: we are at the same place where we started our new life, Ironic. I chuckled lightly knowing how life get things done.

We saw the nurse coming with reports and my heartbeat raced carrying no limit. With her every step my heart threatened to come out of my chest. She finally arrived and gave us small smile while we returned back a tensed one. "Miss. Aliya Saxena" she called out, as a reflex Cabir reached forth taking her reports whilst nurse informed us to meet doctor. I thanked her and left for...hopefully nice meeting with doctor.

Doctor looked at us carefully and got back in examining Alya's reports. He wore a white coat with hospital badge, a pair of old spectacles hanging on his nose, a gold colored pen clasped tightly in his hand and Alya's reports in other. We waited for his answer but he just observed those materialist reports and stared at us time to time. Now, my patience started flying away, I'm losing it but to doctor's fortune he didn't let me kill him which I'm sure he dreaded the most.

"This is eccentric. I think it is one of the rarest diseases in a sense but to look through we need to stress out that we don't have any records alike hers and maybe this type didn't even get a notice yet" He took a pause and continued "All I can say is I sense danger, may be death, to be precise" he finished in his britain accent; I fisted my hand ready to pounce on him when I heard door shut with a thud.