Chapter 9 The Dead One.

It's been a long afternoon with blood, laboratory tests and discovering clues. Things didn't really go well. Stefan and Neyonika surfed through every thick blood glob lingered on dead corpse. The results are same as before: dead guy's blood and blood similar to Alya's blood report. Nothing seems to drop a clue off mystery murder's wall even after four hours of hectic tests.

"Neyonika, you are assuming. Things are different out of mystery lands honey." Stefan said all tired and let out the last sentence to drip in sarcasm. But Neyonika looked serious, she hadn't taken off her gaze from dead corpse lying all surrendered. She knew it wasn't a fantasy for staying up overnights just to finish reading those detective's client enigma; she knew there is something she dropped out. It is so infuriating to not to find anything after going through tests numerous times but she can't lose hope.

"Tell me something about Ms. Alya Saxena" She asked out of blue.

"Her friends stated they had lost sight of her hands a day before but tests have marked that her cells are growing fast and it is impossible to stop her increasing number. Nevertheless, I don't believe they actually can't see her hands. Guess it's one of those stupid pranks of students but unfortunately it might have striked against them." He replied lethargically though Stefan thought to snap her question but Neyonika seemed rather serious than just being chirpy.

"Is it contagious?" she asked still in a daze.

"No way." he answered annoyed. "Has something bitten you? Speak sense." He scolded watching her ask kid's questions.

"Oh ya. I'm sorry, I just got worked up." She replied trailing off her thoughts.

"Let's pack up, it's late already" said Stefan after an hour as he passed her forensic reports.

Neyonika didn't seemed convinced with the day, it infact felt clock stopped ticking when she looked back at her futile attempts. She knew things bickered clues but yet she couldn't get one. She was infuriated, it's been years she has last lost a battle and today seemed to get back to those dreadful memories though it helped getting her stronger but she didn't forgive them. Her mom always said, one last try that wouldn't harm. Giving in her mother's words she gave one last try.

She got through reports as she read each word warily. She got on blood reports and started filling them with her piercing gaze. Her eyes stuck at blood groups, A+ve was of the dead one and O+ve was lingered blood globs. She immediately shuffled through Alya's blood reports as she saw her blood group, B+ve. That's it, disease may not be contagious but same disease can happen with same people.

"Stefan" She called out.

"What?" he answered still busy in placing things in place.

She was frustrated, she wants to talk something important and here he is not even ready to give her needed attention. Damn it! Her phone broke into few violin sounds as she glanced only to find her brother calling. Damn boys, they are idiots, they never know timings. She disconnected it and concentrated on Stefan only to find him still doing his chores.

Killing the last bit of sanity she spoke "Do you have any reports similar to Alya." The minute she asked he looked up bored but quickly altered into serious one.

"You are not going to let it go, right?" He asked seriously.

"Never" she whispered. She knew she had better things to do in life but that wasn't her, if this case needs justice she would go for any ends and if this needs to save lives she will never turn away; all she needs to do is dig in and push harder.

He walked up and cupped her shoulders as he spoke "Why don't you skip this?"

She got away from his hold as she said "Answer first." She was firm, she know what to do as she stood firm on her grounds.

"No" he answered shortly and got back to packing up things.

Neyonika thought for a moment and asked "Stefan can we delay the reports to cops? And I need to meet her friends, please." She looked at him pleadingly trying to placate him with her puppy faces. He couldn't hold longer as he gave in. She smiled in victory. Life may be real and so true but miracles happen right, there is no certainty. "Invisible hands...hmm" she mumbled as she got off her bag from table.

She pulled the car door as she stepped in shoving her handbag on back seats. "Address please." Stefan asked as he tied his belt all comfortable to drive her home. Neyonika warily took file off her hand bag and shoved it in his hands gesturing to look up. Stefan read out the address as he saw report's name plate. He was surprised. He knew and heard people say Neyonika was so dedicated but he didn't estimate she can risk her entire career for one mere case. "Are you sure?" he asked still hoping her to say no.

"Yes" she said confidently all decked up to face challenges.

He sighed deeply as he clutched steering wheel and switched on engine and zoomed off.

"Is she ok? Do we need to look for a doctor" asked Alya as she gave Manik a glass of water. After the late night faint Manik has brought her for a bed rest. She seems so shocked that her feet and palms turned cold. Manik sat whole night comprehending about monster he saw and warming up Nandini. Getting in the mess they are Manik kept mum for whole night not waking up any. As soon as people saw a new person in their house they freaked out but Manik explained everything but monster incident as he wasn't sure if he even saw it, he needs to wake Nandini up for confirming his baseless doubts.

Everyone seemed to be convinced with his explanation but also seemed so worked up in their works they didn't realize it's just an another day for Alya to live or may be everyone made themselves busy and none even want to realize dreadful memories. Especially Dhruv, he didn't seem to care at all as he was so engrossed whether to cut apple or eat it alive.

"Ding dong"

Door bell rang as everyone stilled at their places, it seems to break their trance of acting normal. Mukti went to fetch who is on door.

On other side Nandini opened her eyes with a jerk as she gasped. 

---------------------------------------
Hello, long time huh? I know. Sorry for being late but yes, many of u are confused with what kind of a monster we were preferring to so to clear it off there is a PICTURE in media box which roughly looked like a monster that followed Nandini.

It may be funny but it was rather scarier in real.

WE NEED RESPONSE. PLEASE DO SO. WE WRITE AND WORK HARD BUT GETTING LEAST RESPONSE KILLS OUR INTEREST HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.

----------------------------------------

Credits:

Written by: Tejamanaswini

Edited by: Tejamanaswini

Idea by: Shivani0196 and Tejamanaswini

-------------------------------------

Cheers,
10Imaginationalppl