Chapter Eighteen - Miss Malachite

The Great Hall sat in silence as they saw the ghostly figure of the woman they had been learning about and the smiling figure of a twelve year old Ravenclaw.

"Miss Lovegood," Professor Dumbledore asked as he placed his hands on the side of the diary he was about to open, "Miss Malachite."

"Technically," Margarette spoke up, "It's 'Mrs.', I am married, after all."

"Forgive me," Dumbledore smiled, "Mrs. Malachite. May I ask how you're here?"

"I was killed," Margarette answered, "A spell was placed on my chambers and I was unable to leave. I believe the person that killed me made it so only a Lovegood could set me free. But considering it has been over a thousand years, I presume said person Obliviated me from history."

Dumbledore nodded in understanding as everyone watched the interaction curiously, "You do not know who killed you?"

"No," Margarette answered, "But I was 'writing' in my diary when the event occurred. So the person may have been caught in my diary. We would not be able to catch them, considering they are long dead, but we well know who killed me and the mystery would be put to rest."

Dumbledore nodded once more before motioning to the Ravenclaw table, "I presume you would like to sit with Miss Lovegood, yes?"

"You are correct," Margarette answered, "But I must ask your name, since you clearly know mine."

"I am Albus Dumbledore," Dumbledore said, "We were just getting ready to continue on with your diary."

"Do continue then," Margarette said as she and Luna made their way to the Ravenclaw table, where people quickly separated to make room for the second year and the ghost.

Once they were settled, Dumbledore gave Margarette a respectful nod before re-opening her diary. It was quiet for a moment before diary!Margarette's voice entered the room.

"Dearest Diary,
Today is the 12th day of the twelfth month, of the year 1012. I know I haven't written in this diary for over two years, but I have a good reason. I was quite busy with teaching and finding new wizards and witches to teach so that myself, Sal, Godric, Rowena, and Helga didn't have to do teach all of the classes.

Now, we each only teach one class. Instead of the multiple classes I was teaching, I now only teach Defenseless Against the Dark Arts. Which many of the male students are upset about. They don't think a woman such as myself can teach them how to handle a sword or a bow correctly, or better than they were already taught.

But it only happens to be those in other houses, not my own.

Eventually, Godric, Sal, Rowena, and Helga learn about their male students insulting me and end up scolding them. Godric challenges the Gryffindors to a sword fight, and when he beats them easily he says that he taught me how to do that, and that I can beat him just as easily as he beat them. Sal does something similar whilst Rowena and Helga just scold their students and show their disappointment.

Considering Rowena, Helga, and I are mothers to everyone in our houses, it hurts the students much more than something physical. Imagine your mother being disappointed in you. I know I wouldn't be able to stand it.

But that's besides the point.

Now, after everyone learned their lesson and actually allowed me to teach them they are mastering the skills of the sword, of the bow, and of the wand.

I must apologize, I have a class coming in now and must go. I will speak to you the next time I am available.

Sincerely,
Margarette Malachite."

diary!Margarette's voice faded from the Great Hall at the end of the entry and the students at the Ravenclaw table could hear Margarette whisper to Luna, "I remember that day."

Dumbledore quickly turned the page to the next entry and Margarette's voice once again filled the Great Hall.