Chapter Twenty-One - Forty-Seven Years

The next night, the students quickly finished their dinner and desserts, and impatiently waited for Dumbledore to start the diary entry for the night, "Why don't we start onto the next entry, Miss Malachite?"

"Why don't we," Margarette agreed with a sad smile as she sat down at the table.

Dumbledore nodded and flipped to the next entry.

"Dearest Diary,
Today is such a beautiful day. Let it be said that my 47th birthday was on such a magnificent day. Merlin and Morgana have promised me to come visit, along with Alice- my husband's sister. I honestly cannot wait to see my son once more, along with the wonderful Morgana. We haven't seen Alice in a long while either, she's been off exploring the world as Mrs. Madigan.

Elijah and I will be able to meet Alice's husband, as we only met him at their short and sweet wedding. According to the letters I've received from Alice, he is a very friendly man; in fact, she said he had gotten into a fight when a muggle tried to take Alice.

***

Alice and her husband, Harrison, just left, and we had a wonderful time. Morgana and Merlin promised they would stay until the morrow, but then they would have to return to Arthur. Harrison Madigan is a lovely fellow, and is a sweet as Alice described him. He has long blond locks and blue eyes to match not-so-little Alice.

I believe they are good for each other.

But, I noticed something else today, Morgana has been acting strange; not like I remember her. I don't know what it is, but I feel like something is off. I know I used to feel like she was a bad influence on Merlin, but I now I see that he was a good influence on her. I just do not know what it is that is bothering me this time around.

Maybe it was the way she walked around, or maybe it was the way she talked to myself and Elijah. She seemed friendly to Alice and Harrison; neither said anything about her being mean. I do not know what it is, and it bothers me much."

There was no ending to the entry, so Dumbledore just continued on to the next one.

"Dear Diary,
Merlin and Morgana are getting ready to leave back to Camelot and Arthur. I can still not figure out what it is about Morgana that bothers me. It is probably nothing. She was very sweet, just off. Though, I'm most likely imagining it. Well, at least that is what Elijah told me last night before we went to bed.

I suppose he is right. Nothing bad has happened by her hand, and Merlin seems to trust her. He was always such a good judge of character. Even as a child.

I should stop bleeding my worries onto you, and go back to what happened yesterday. Elijah had distracted me yesterday, so I was unable to finish what I was saying. Godric and Salazar managed to not fight once during my birthday, but I believe I could hear them arguing this morning as Elijah and I went to have breakfast with the rest of the school in the Great Hall.

That was a gift in itself; one that I was happy for.

Rowena, being Rowena, got me a collection of books about fantastical adventures that some of our old students had written for the pure use of entertainment.

Then, Helga, of course, got me some beautiful plants to decorate the Manor (that she doesn't know the location of). There was, of course, amongst the plants, some dangerous ones that I would put in the yard to ward off intruders from the outside, along with the beautiful Phoenix Flower, which is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Back to Salazar and Godric, besides not fighting once, they each got me a gift to celebrate turning forty-seven. Godric got me a love-

Morgana's back."