Where Will You Be Waking Up Tomorrow Morning?

*Brendon's POV*

I wiped the smoothie from my eyes and looked up. She was gone.

I stormed back to my apartment and slammed the door. The rush of air blew something off of my counter.

I walked over to pick it up. It was Kendall's number.

I turned the piece of paper over and over in my hands. Laken hated me, Kendall wanted me. Kendall was pretty but Laken is pretty too-

Laken didn't want me.

I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted her. We were just friends when we were younger. It was never anything more, what if that's all we could be?

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number. I stared at it as my fingers hovered over the call button.

I took a deep breath and pressed my thumb down.

I could hear the phone ringing a few times before she answered.

"Hello?" she said.

"Is this Kendall?" I asked.

"Brendon, I knew you would call." she said confidently and I could picture her cocky smirk. "Meet me tomorrow the cafe on 3rd street. 10am." she demanded and hung up.

I lowered my phone and shook my head. I couldn't decide if her confidence was hot or intimidating.

*Laken's POV*

My arm seemed to move without me telling it to as my smoothie went from in my cup to in his face. I couldn't believe he would say something like that to me.

While he couldn't see me because of the smoothie in his face I turned and ran around the block.

I slumped against the wall and started to cry.

I usually don't cry, I'm pretty good at hiding my emotions but something in me broke when those words came out of his mouth. It was like there was a rope holding up the door to my tears and Brendon was holding the scissors.

We weren't dating, I understood that but I felt so attached to him. It tore me up to think that he turned into a monster.

He could be an entirely different person now but I'd never know now.

I was trying my best to stop the crying when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" a male voice said.

I looked up to see a brown haired boy with green eyes peering down at me. He appeared to be around my age.

I quickly wiped the rest of me tears away, stood up, and tried to make myself presentable. "Uh yeah, I am, sorry."

He chuckled and flashed me an adorable smile. "What are you apologizing for?"

I blushed, "Yeah that didn't make sense," I laughed. "Sorry- I mean, uh, hi, I'm Laken." I stammered.

"Laken, I like that name. It's unique. I'm Lucas." He extended his hand to me and I shook it.

"So what's got a pretty girl like you crying like that? Boyfriend? Who is he, who do I need to beat up?" he said.

I smiled at him. "Old bestfriend turned asshole. And thanks for the generous offer to beat up someone you don't even know for someone you don't even know." I laughed.

"Don't worry about it." He glanced down the street. "Here, how about I take you to that park next to the water over there. We can get you some ice cream and cheer you up."

"Sure, but how do I know you're not an ax murderer?" I asked skeptically.

He laughed at my question. It was one of those laughs that makes you want to laugh too. "Do ax murderers usually stop on the street to ask about your feelings?"

"Good point," I said and we began to walk to the park.

Time to forget all about the boy I once knew, he was not important anymore.

Brendon who, right?

Hey! Sorry that this chapter is shorter. It's not that fun to write about two people falling for other people even tho they are meant to be together. Tell me in the comments below how much you hate Kendall, thanks ;)

-morepanicthandisco