I Don't Wanna Be Your Boyfriend

*Laken's POV*

The more I thought about the double date the weirder it got. I was going to have to spend an hour or more stuck with Brendon and his smoking hot girlfriend. How was I supposed to compete with that? Wait, why was I thinking about competing with him? I had Lucas.

Lucas.

He'd been acting strange ever since that night at the club. It was a week later, the day of the double date.

I finished getting ready when I heard a knock at the door. Lucas was here to pick me up and bring me to my night of hell.

I opened the door to see Lucas. He was wearing a blazer and a cotton shirt underneath. He had nice fitting jeans on. His hair was combed to one side, similar to Brendon's. Weird.

"You look good," he said bluntly.

"Charming," I fired back sarcastically.

Things had been tense. Neither of us did anything wrong necessarily, we just seemed off. I started to think that the chemistry just wasn't there...

He led me out to his car and opened the door for me. That might have been the nicest thing he's done for me in a while.

The drive there was just as the others had been. Crappy ass generic music and none of the music I liked. We sat in silence. What was I even doing anymore? I had no clue why I was dating him anymore. Or did I? Somewhere buried deep in my mind I knew that I was trying to make Brendon jealous but I tried to ignore the feeling. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't like him.

We arrived at the restaurant and checked in. We were the first to arrive. The waitress seated us and we waited for them to arrive.

"Laken, you really do look nice," Lucas said. "I'm definitely saving room for desert."

I cringed at his comment. I never told him that I hadn't been down that road yet. I wasn't opposed to it... I just had an image in my head how it would go and it just wasn't him...

I stared down and my plate until I heard a familiar laugh. Brendon's laugh was so unique and infectious. You didn't even have to hear the joke and you'd start laughing just because of him.

I looked up to see him walking in with Kendall. She was stunning. The kind of stunning I always wished I could be where you just wake up and put anything on and you look normal. She looked like she walked straight out of a magazine. I could see why Brendon actually kept this one around.

They walked over to our table and sat down, everyone greeting each other. For the most part, everyone was civil and made small talk during the meal. All up until Lucas had to open his mouth...

"So, Brendon, I heard a little rumor on the streets that you sleep around a lot. Is that how you know Laken?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing instantly and looked up in shock. My mouth hung wide open as i glared a hole into Lucas. Kendall kept her head down.

"Lucas!" I said, still shocked.

"I'm telling the truth! I was talking to some girls trying to get an understanding of who this guy was and they both admitted that he screwed them and left." Lucas defended. Then he turned to Brendon. "Jokes on you though, I get to hit that now."

I could not believe the words that were coming out of his mouth. I wanted to cry. I looked over to Brendon who seemed pissed.

Kendall finally broke the tension. "Well, I think we've all had enough of this, let's just go our separate ways."

Tears started to form in my eyes and I couldn't take it any longer. I got up and walked out. I wasn't a sad damsel in distress or anything, I was straight pissed. He disrespected me in front of everyone.