Chapter 33: Staying in contact

Riley

It's been a few months now, of Maya being away. She decided to go to the University of Chicago. I stayed behind, still undecided of what I want to do with my life. I've always been interested in being a teacher, but I don't know if I could do that. I know what Maya would say, if she could hear my thoughts. She would look at me like are you series? I've thankfully stayed in touch with her, by calling her everyday. I'm happy for her, she seems to have made a lot of friends in the short time that she's been there. I sigh, looking at all of the colleges that you can go to near me, online. I really should have already have picked a college by now, but I just can't decide. Even though my parents arn't verbally telling me that I'm running out of time, I can sense it.

Maya

I look up from my desk from doing my homework, looking at Riley's picture on my desk.

"You're still obsessing over her?" My roommate, Hayley says, laughing.

She means well, but I can't help but getting a little angry at her.

"Why wouldn't I still be obsessing over her? She's my girlfriend." I say, turning to look at Hayley.

Hayley's green eyes widen, and she flips her red hair over her shoulder. That's how I know, when she's won. She always tries to irritate me for some reason, and I usually don't let her get me. But today, is different. I've talked to Riley about her, and Riely being the optimistic one of the two of us, always tells me that she's just jealous. Which maybe she is, but I don't have to deal with this.

"I love her, and if you haven't noticed she's gorgeous." I say, glaring at her.

"Hey, do want you want. I wouldn't be wasting my time, on that little girl. When you could have me." She says, looking at me.

Oh my gosh, is she seriously trying to seduce me?

"What the hell, Hayley? Can't you see that I'm in a relationship? I could never betray Riley." I say, getting angry.

"Get the hell out of my room!" She turns around, and heads for the door.

"Gosh, you're such a slut." I say, under my breath.

She turns around, glaring at me.

"What did you just call me? You know, you're more of a slut than I am." She leaves, sashaying out of the door.

I look at the door, stunned.

I'm not a slut, am I? I shake the thought out of my head, turning back to my homework. It doesn't matter, I'm not here to make friends any way. I'm here to get my degree, I think focusing back on my work.