19. White Wings

*Nandini's pov*

I clutched my teddy bear closer to my as my aunty led me towards a big garden. Today, my dad didn't give me a chocolate. I didn't see my mom too. My aunty gave me a lot of chocolates but I want my dad to give me one just.

The garden was different from others. It was so colorless. And white boxes were there on the ground. And there were cross of Jesus Christ on the boxes. My aunty led me more further where I saw a crowd was gathering, circling something.

Everyone was crying. I didn't understand why everyone was crying. As I looked down, I found my dad was sleeping on the ground. I didn't understand why dad was sleeping there in the box.

I went to dad, then slowly nudged him, trying to wake him up,but he didn't wake up.

I pulled the hem of aunty's dress,then asked her.

"aunty, call mom. If she calls dad, then dad will wake up, then he will give me more chocolate "

She didn't reply but cried.

"You all are bad. No-one loves me" I said as none of them heard me.

"Dad,wake up. I will cry if you don't give me chocolates, where is mom? "

Everything went blank .
_________________________________________________________________

I wake up and found myself lying on ground . I stood up and my eyes wondered across the sea. I looked at my legs and hands. I was no more a little girl. I was wearing a pink dress. I searched for my teddy, but didn't get it.

It was then only a big wave came and took me with it. I couldn't swim, so I kept struggling but the wave took me away with it.

I was feeling like a fish without water as my breath left my lungs. I closed my eyes thinking that I would die but then only a hand grabbed my arm and someone pulled me out of the water and I saw that I was flying. I was flying in the sky. My edge of legs touching the sea of water. I looked up and saw big white wings.

The person looked down at me.

Dad..........

_______________________________________________________________________
_________________

I shot up from my bed with a loud scream. My heart was pounding against my rib cage, beads of sweat on my forehead.

I felt someone shaking me from beside. As I looked at the person, I saw Manik. I took a deep breath ,then exhaled, trying to calm me down. I palmed my forehead,trying to sweep off the sweat.

After my breathing became normal, I heard Manik say.

"what happened? " he said, as he looked at me with worried expression.

I couldn't answer that moment and lowered my gaze. Manik placed his two fingers underneath my chin and made me look at him directly.

"how did it all start? " he started in a calm tone, assuring one.

I stared at him.

"Nandini... " he warned me.

"I don't actually know.... It's just... " I sighed,my voice breaking in octaves.

"You shouldn't take it all in. If you do, trust me, the real shits gets started"

"It was just a nightmare. " I said and he scanned my eyes, with concern. "A terrible one" I said as I laughed a little .