More than friends

A few years have gone by and Xibalba and I have been having so much fun. We were the best of friends. He would take me to places he likes to go and sometimes would visit me. There was a knock on the door. I opened it to see a bouquet of marigolds on the ground and a note.

Meet me by the tree across from San Angel.
-Xibalba.

I smiled as I placed the flowers and the note on the small table by my throne. Then I teleported to the tree. Once I got there, Xibalba was nowhere to be found.

"Xibalba?" I called out.

"Over here." He said. I turned to see Xibalba looking a little nervous.

"Xibalba are you alright?"

"Oh yes." He chuckled. "Um, La Muerte, we've been friends for a long time now and I been wanting to tell you something. "

"What?"

"Well, uh. I-I" He stammered.

"Xibalba just tell me."

"I really like you." He said quickly. I stood frozen in my spot, mouth hung open.

"What did you say?"

"Im sorry, I know it's foolish of me. I shouldn't have said that." He ranted. I smiled then walked up to him and kissed his cheek. He became quiet and had a shock expression while rubbing the cheek I kissed.

I chuckled. "I like you too balby." I say.

"Balby?" He repeated.

"Yeah, it's a nickname I came up for you. I hope you dont mind." I blushed.

"No, it's perfect. Mi amor." He said. That last part got me.

"I'm happy we met."

"Me too."