CHAPTER 4

My alarm went off at six thirty and I got out of bed surprisingly fast. I put on a pink blouse and light denim overalls. I straightened my hair and put it in two pony tails. I didn't look half bad if I said so myself.

When I got to school I went straight to first period. I was pleased to hear that it wasn't a normal lesson day. Instead, Mr. Bush put us in groups and had us analyze the declaration of human rights.

I was in a group with Allison and Steven.

"I think my human rights were deprived in this hell hole of a school," Allison said as she looked herself in the mirror.

"That doesn't even make sense, Allison," claimed Steven rolling his eyes.

I didn't bother getting into one of their arguments I just watched the clock ticking away going slower and slower.

The rest of the school day was a blur. I walked to detention and saw new faces sitting in the desks. I only recognized two of the guys in the room.

One was Jorge. He was one of my friend's boyfriend, Diana's. I didn't know what she saw in him because all I saw was a player who was always horny. But they made their relationship work.

The other boy was named Luis but everyone knew him as Beto. He had the same name as his cousin but his cousin was known as Luigi.

I used to have a crush on Beto in 7th grade, and 8th, and 9th. I gave up on liking him when he got a girlfriend. Her name was Brenda, she was also a part of the cheerleading squad.

Brenda was beautiful. She had long blonde hair and she had a "cheerleader" body. She was also a bitch, in my opinion. But then again I might've just been jealous.

I sat in the back of the room and almost immediately Jorge came up to me.

"Yo, what're you doing here?" Jorge asked me.

"I got in trouble, what about you? I thought you had basketball practice after school," I replied.

"Yeah but I talked back to my teacher... supposedly."

"You're such a troublemaker," I said rolling my eyes. "So did you watch the basketball game yesterday?"

"I didn't know you liked basketball."

"Oh I don't I just like watching the Warriors against the Celtics."

"Cool, my favorite team are the Lakers," he said laughing.

After an hour of talking with Jorge detention was over.

"You're actually really chill, I thought you were just a loser to be honest," Jorge joked.

"Shut up," I laughed. "So how long are you in here for?"

"Two more days, what about you?"

"Not important, so I gotta go then," I smiled and skated home.

When I got home I went upstairs and was stopped by my brother.

"Hey I heard you got detention?" He started.

"Yeah just because I was late, why?"

"No reason, do you wanna go get Starbucks?" He asked.

"Sure but I don't think I'm white enough though," I joked.

I got my sweater and I headed to his car.

"So did you hear the good news? Beto and Brenda broke up," Jessie began.

I told Jessie all my secrets. He was always supportive and understood my problems because of our small age difference.

I trusted his word when it came to Beto because they were on the same soccer team. "I told you already Jessie, I don't like him anymore," I replied. Although I was shocked that they had broken up.

My brother claimed to be bisexual, but I always thought that he didn't want to be judged for being gay. I never saw him with a girl but he argued that he didn't see any civilized girl. In other words, all he saw were sluts.

"So, did you have fun in detention today?" My brother asked.

"No. Well I mean it was horrible. I was talking to Jorge." I responded.

"Jorge Leyva?"

"No, Ochoa why?"

"Don't talk to him," Jessie almost shouted. "You don't know what he's like."

"Calm down we talked about sports and I doubt he likes me."

"Just be careful, Mel. I don't want anything bad to happen to you," he said sincerely.

♚♚♚When I got home I started my homework while listening to music

♚♚♚
When I got home I started my homework while listening to music. Listening to my favorite bands and artists always calmed me down.

After an hour of homework I got bored and started doodling in my sketchbook. My sketchbook was like my diary, I always drew what I felt. I wasn't the best artist, but then again I wasn't the best at anything.

While I was drawing an "aesthetic" eye, I got a text. It was from Tiffany.

Tiffany: bitch? u awake

I didn't take this to heart since Tiffany was always over dramatic.

Me: no
Tiffany: shut up guess what?!?!
Me: what
Tiffany: I got to meet J Balvin todayyyyyyy
Me: that spanish dude u obsess about? cool
Tiffany: I got to fuckin hug him like omg I'm gonna marry him fr fr
Me: haha shut up
Tiffany: me and J Balvin is more realistic than u and Beto tbh so whatever
Me: I already told u I don't like him anymore
Tiffany: is that ur excuse to dress like the hobo next to Walmart?
Me: what's ur excuse for dressing like a hoe?
Tiffany: whatever byeeee
Tiffany: jk but fr u should try to talk to him
Tiffany: hey is it tru that u got detention?? Beto has detention 2
Me: yeah for 2 weeks
Me: do u know y he's there?
Tiffany: yeah but I'm not gonna tell u
Me: why not
Tiffany: 1st of all u called me a hoe, 2nd of all I want u to talk to him and 3rd of all u said u didn't like him so why do u care?

I didn't reply because she was getting on my nerves. Jessie and Tiffany were the only two people who new of my crush on Beto. It was better that way, honestly. Beto was a "popular" boy; he was a skater, a gamer, a soccer player, and he dressed like someone straight from the 80s.

I never really got over him, but I knew that it would never happen. I was the girl who dressed like a doll, colored my eyebrows in different colors according to my hair, and I was what you may call a nerd. We saw the world in different perspectives.

He went out to parties while I binge watched shows on Netflix. He had a new girlfriend almost every week while I had only dated one guy in 8th grade. 

I went to sleep at eleven and I hoped to wake up on time for my third day in a row. I also went to sleep thinking about Beto.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so I just realized why most writers on Wattpad take forever to upload. A good chapter takes time. My chapters suck but I only take half an hour or less to type and upload. Idk but I also realized that this story sucks and my life sucks :).