part 8

~Kai's POV~

I watched as Kineta closed the door to her room. I growled softly to myself as I went into the meditation room of our apartment. I sat in the center of the room and began meditating. I thought of ways to officially ask her out, heavens know that I've been trying. I heard her turn on the shower as I meditated. I came up with something and I knew I was gonna get roasted for this. I quickly texted my sister, knowing that she was up with Raia since I had heard her cry before I brought Kineta down here. I asked her if she could help me set something up in the gardens wing that she was probably up with Raia. I asked her for help to ask Kineta out. She told me to steal Kineta's necklace to keep her in the apartment. I snuck into Kineta's bathroom and swiped her daywalker necklace. I quickly ran upstairs to Sensei Wu's room and knocked on the door.

"What is it, my student?" Wu asked before I gave him the necklace.

"Please don't give that to anyone until I come get it at sunset. I need to keep Kineta downstairs all day while I get something ready in the gardens," I said with a sheepish smile.

"Very well," Wu said before I blurred back down to my apartment to change clothes.

I change into some jeans a t-shirt and a red hoodie before putting my gi in the laundry to be washed. I waited until sunrise before taking a run into Ninjago City to meet Nya at the flower shop where she got her bouquet done for her wedding.

"Hey, Nya," I said as I met my sister and kissed her on the cheek.

"Come on. I ordered a bouquet of dark red fire lilies for us to pick up later," Nya said before she began dragging me all over town.

We got back to the monastery around sunset. Nya went downstairs to get Kineta ready while I set up a romantic dance floor for the two of us under a tent with a few tiki torches to give it a romantic atmosphere. I had Zane program a playlist of romantic songs and stashed his falcon nearby to let the music play through the metal bird. I darted up to Sensei's room and grabbed Kineta's necklace before I quickly went to my apartment and got ready. I had been struggling to put on a pair of nice shoes after I had pulled in my black pants for several minutes after I dried myself off after the shower. I had yet to put on my shirt when Cole phased through the ceiling into my room.

"Dude, haven't you heard of knocking before you phase through someone's ceiling?" I asked slightly angrily as Cole gave me the bouquet.

"Nya texted me and told me to bring these down here to you," Cole said as I laid the flowers on the bed and grabbed my shirt.

"Thanks," I said as I walked over to a mirror and slipped my shirt on before I began buttoning it.

"Anything you need me to go setup?" Cole asked quietly as I tucked my shirt into my pants.

"Go make sure Jay has the lights working. I want this to be perfect. Tell Zane to be ready with the playlist and make sure the torches are in place," I said as I began struggling with my hair before I gave up.

"Sure," Cole said before he phased through the ceiling.

I waited a few minutes and took a deep breath before I picked up the flowers from my bed and grabbed the necklace off of my dresser before I walked out of my room. I walked over to Kineta's room. I knocked on the door and heard a scuffle. I arched an eyebrow when Nya opened the door just a crack.

"Where is Kineta?" I asked before Nya was pushed out of the way.

"I'm right here," Kineta said as she opened the door wide and my mouth dropped when I saw her in her dress.

Kineta was wearing a strapless green dress that showed off her curves but flowed after hugging her waist. Her long luxurious pale blonde hair was gently curled and pulled into an up do with a couple of small curls framing her face and brought out her dark green eyes. Her perfect lips had been painted a shade of red that resembled blood. I knew that Nya had forced her into a pair of sequined gold flats that she had bought in the city.

"Kai? You there?" Kineta asked as I snapped out of my trance.

"You look beautiful," I said before I turned her around and slipped her necklace around her neck and fastened it.

"So you are the one that stole my necklace," Kineta said with a blush as she turned around to face me.

"I had to keep you down here all day. The necklace was the only way to do that," I said as I offered her the flowers in my hand. "Fire lilies for you."

"They're beautiful," Kineta said as she went to put them in the vase on the coffee table that was suddenly filled with water by Nya.

"Shall I show you what the others and I have been working on?" I said as I offered her my arm.

"Of course. I want to know why I was Nya's plaything for the last three hours," Kineta said with a smile as she took my arm.

I walked her up the stairs to the back door of the monastery by the waterfall. I was glad that it was the full moon. I waved my hand and a line of tiki torches lit up from the door to the gazebo that had been in the gardens for a while near the waterfall. As soon as the torches were all lit, the white lights going up the sides of the gazebo and giving it a soft light. Kineta smiled softly as I led her to the gazebo. Soft music began playing from the bushes as we reached the gazebo. I smiled at her as we began dancing. We had been dancing for over an hour before she spoke. The song Kiss the Girl began playing and Kineta blushed deeply. I danced to the music and held her in a dip. I captured her lips in a searing kiss as the song ended.

"Kai, quid hoc est?" Kineta asked in the language of our magic as I stood her back up as I noticed that she was blushing a brilliant shade of red.

"Ratus sum in meditatione mea. Id quod abs te mihi est ad te iam diu," I said softly.

"Postula a me?" Kineta asked as I stopped us from dancing.

"Et vos eritis mihi puellae?" I asked her quietly, mentally preparing myself for heartbreak.

"Amica esse amem Kai," Kineta said with a smile.

I pulled her into a gentle kiss that was filled with all my love and passion for her. I felt her wrap her hands around me and tangle her fingers in my hair. I simply wrapped my arms around her waist and crushed her closer to me. We broke the kiss when we heard the sounds of water being moved. We looked towards the waterfall to see a giant heart made of water with a few volts of electricity running through it and making it glow. Blushes covered our faces as we looked back to each other.

"They were watching us," Kineta said quietly.

"Couldn't you smell them?" I asked quietly.

"I was too busy smelling you," Kineta whispered softly before she kissed me and Jay stood up out of the bushes.

"It's about time you asked her out, Kai," Jay said quite loudly as the others came out of their hiding places.

"Shall we bail?" I asked as a whisper in Kineta's ear.

"We shall. I'd like to be alone in this moonlight, preferably on a beach with you," Kineta whispered back before I scooped her up into my arms and gave the others a mischievously wicked grin.

"Kai, wait!" Cole yelled.

"We'll be back by dawn!" I yelled before I rocketed over the garden walls and into the forest, leaving the others behind.

~~~~~~~~

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY!! I was busy cleaning out the house to get ready to renovate and move