Chapter 3: Intimidation and Tears

In the blink of an eye, you and Mage appeared on top of the Eiffel Tower. You quickly crawl out of his arms and away from the edge.
"W-What are we doing all the way up here?!" You yell at Mage, who was still floating over the edge of the building. Heights were one of your worst fears and seeing how in no unbothered he was about it only annoyed you even more. He lands on the building and walks over to you. You would've backed away but you didn't want to risk falling, so you can only watch him as he comes over and kneels in front of you.
"What's your relationship with Ritsuka?" He asks you in a serious tone. "She's my friend, why do you care?" You answer him, "And I said no questions about her." Even though this guy was a devil and could hurt you, you told yourself that you would protect Ritsuka no matter what and you weren't about to stop now.
"You don't know what your getting yourself into, Ritsuka isn't just a normal girl." You roll your eyes at his comment. "If your gonna tell me about Ritsuka and the grimoire don't bother, I already know all of that." Mage looks at you in shock. "How did you know all of that? Ritsuka doesn't even know that much..." He trails off. "Lindo and Azuna told me." You say, "Now can we leave?" He smirks at you and leans closer. "Why? Your not having fun?" You look at him in annoyance and blush because of him being your personal space.
"No I'm not having fun, I need to get home...I'm afraid of heights," you admit, looking away. He picks you up bridal style. "Well why didn't you just say so," he says and in the blink of an eye you guys are in your room.
"What, how did you know where I live?" You ask him. "He puts you down and you go over to check and see if anyone is home. Your parents wouldn't be to happy to find out that you had a guy in your room. Lucky for you their both still at work. "Never mind that," he says leaning against your dresser, "Anyway, I'm gonna give you a warning." "About what? I'm not scared of you," you walk over to him and stare him down. However he was taller so you had to stare up at him. He looks down at you and you feel his intimidating aura. "We need Ritsuka to get the grimoire, so stay out of the way." He says. He looks a lot scarier when he's staring down at you like this but you wouldn't let him see that his words were having that effect on you. "Well see about that." You say trying to sound harsh. With that he walks past you and is about to vanish like he did before.
"Hey, wait!" You grab onto his sleeves, stopping him. He turns to face you. "Give me my necklace back." He looks at you with a bored expression. "Why do you want this necklace so bad anyway?" You sigh. "Its my grandmothers, she gave it to me before she died." You admit. It was hard for you to talk about your grandma without getting emotional. Your parents were very strick, especially when you were younger and your grandma, your dads mom, always protected you from them. When she died, your dad was to lazy and grief stricken to care about his family anymore. He began to cheat on your mom and when she found out, she took out her anger on you. Your dad still doesn't think that your mom knows about all the other girls your dad has been seeing.
Suddenly you feel someone's hand a hand on your cheek, which interrupts your thoughts. You look up and see Mage, who is wiping your face. You didn't realize you had started crying. "Mage..?" You say quietly, but he seems distracted.
Mage P.O.V.
I waited for her to finish telling me why this necklace was so important to her but she just stopped and zoned out. Then something wet started coming from her eyes. Were those tears?Is she... Crying? I know humans do this, but why? I face her and wipe the tears of her cheeks. Her face felt so soft and delicate. It was a nice feeling. Then you hear someone calling you. "Mage...?" You look down and see her staring up at you. You quickly take your hand off of her face and turn away.
Your P.O.V.
Mage took his hand off of your face and doesn't face you. You wipe the rest of your tears off and regain your composure when you hear him speak again. "What's your name?" He asks still not looking at you. "Uh...its (Y/n)." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out your necklace. "Well (Y/n), here's your dumb necklace," he hands it to you and you look at his face. Was he...blushing? Before you could ask he disappears, leaving behind a purple cloud of smoke. You take a deep breath and lay down on your bed, clutching your necklace. You decide to take a nap, hoping to get your mind off of the devil. One part of you wants to keep him away from you and Ritsuka but the other part of you really hopes that you run into him tomorrow.