Chapter 6: The Truth

Mage P.O.V.
I must've hit (Y/n) too hard because she's been passed out for almost 2 days. I forgot she was just a human and not as strong as those exorcists. I brought her to the same tower I did before because I thought that would make her want to talk to me. I know that since she's completely vulnerable I should carry out my duty and kill her but I can't bring myself to do it. I don't want her to die hating me. I don't want her to die at all. "Dammit." I curse loudly and slam my fist against the tower. "Mage?"
Your P.O.V.
As you slowly begin to wake up, you realize that your freezing. Your face is against something hard and you roll over on your back to see the night sky filled with stars. Were you...outside? Why? Then you slowly begin to remember being picked up by Mage before passing out. Now you were at the top of the Eiffel Tower, where you two had talked before. You sit up and wrap your arms around yourself, looking around for the devil. Then you hear someone curse and a loud thud and see Mage sitting at the edge, his back facing you.
"Mage?" You call and he looks over at you, shocked. He stands up and you do the same, except more slowly.
"I thought you'd never wake up," he says to you but you don't look at him.
"Its not like you would care," you retort, "why are we up here? I want to go home." He looks at you frustrated.
"No, not until you let me explain." He grabs your shoulder but you shrug it off. "Explain what?" You say, your voice shaking. Now that he was in front of you all the feelings of hurt and betrayal you had that night were coming back. "There's nothing to explain. You already told me how you love Ritsuka so what could you possibly have to say to me?" You can't stop your tears from falling so you quickly turn away from Mage, covering your face. You can hear him walking over to you.
"Look, I know what I said the other day upset you, but I have a job to do and your a distraction." Hearing him say that only upset you even more.
"A distraction how?" You ask in between sobs and suddenly Mage grabs your shoulders and turns you around to face him.
"Because I'm in love with you," he says, "So much that its distracting me from the real reason I'm here."
After that its silence. You couldn't believe what you just heard. You thought he was just saying that to mess with you but when you look at him his face is completely serious. You stay like that for a while until you finally speak.
"Really?" You ask. That's all you could think to say. He let's go of your shoulders and sighs, nodding. You didn't know what to feel at the moment. You look up at him and see that he's annoyed and embarrassed since you still didn't say anything about his confession.
"Well? Are you going to say something?" He asks frustrated. Seeing his blushing face made you smile slightly. He actually means it. You've never had a boy confess to you before. It was usually you doing the confessing and a prettier girl being chosen over you. The fact that Mage actually loved you was the best feeling in the world.
"I love you too Mage," you say blushing. When you look up at him his expression softens. Then he smiles at you which cause you to blush even more. It wasn't like before where he would smirk at you when he was being annoying. He actually have you a sincere smile, which made you even happier.
Suddenly Mage wraps his arms around you and leans down, his lips connecting with yours. You were surprised at first since you've never kissed anyone before, but you got used to it. You felt like you were betraying Lindo and Azuna but all of those thoughts left quickly as you continued kissing Mage. You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He did the same, holding you tightly but carefully, not wanting to hurt you. A couple minutes went by before you two pulled away from each other.
Mage still had his arms around your waist. "I guess I should take you home now," he says smirking down at you.
"I guess you should," you say, also smirking, "how long was I passed out?"
"Almost 2 days," Mage says, causing you to look at him in shock. "What! I need to get home now!" You tell at him panicking but he just laughs. "Alright, I guess," he says and gets ready to pick you up, but you stop him. "Wait, I need to do something first," yuppy day walking to the opposite end of the tower. You go to the edge, reach into your pocket and pull out the bottle necklace Lindo gave you.
"I'm really sorry you guys," you whisper, "but I can't do it." Then you toss the necklace over the edge, watching it descend towards the ground. You carefully walk back to Mage and smile at him. "Ok, I'm ready," you say happily. He smiles at you, a sincere one and gets ready to pick you up but is interrupted again by a cloud of smoke. You look over and see 2 of the student council members standing a couple feet away.
"What do you guys want," Mage says angrily. The one with the purple hair, Shiki you think, begins to speak.
"Its Ritsuka." He says and you immediately panick. You answer before Mage says anything. "What's wrong? What happened to her?" You ask fearing the worst. The one with orange hair speaks this time.
"Lord Nesta has her."