Alternate Ending: Together

Ritsuka was glowing! There's a shining light radiating off of her, brighter than you've ever seen. This must be the power of the grimoire, but why is it just now activated. You want to as Mage but you doubt that he would hear you. Besides, you wanted to see what Ritsuka was up to. She was walking up to Lord Nesta with a dagger and she seemed so calm. 'Is she going to kill him?' You thought, but when she got up to the king she turned and started heading towards the statue. Without hesitation, she plunges the dagger threw the statue, causing Lord Nesta to cry out in pain. There was a flash of light and he died. Slowly, everyone started to get up. You stood up and held your hand out to Mage which he grabbed to help himself up. He looked down at you and you smiled up at him. You were glad that this was finally over, that Ritsuka was safe.
"Ritsuka!" You hear Lindo shout, and your quickly look over and see that she had fainted. Luckily, Rem caught her and was waking her up. You sigh in relief and Mage drapes his arm around you, giving you a reassuring smile and ruffling your hair, causing you to blush. 'We did it Azuna' you think, looking up at the night sky.
***
You were all by the water, watching Ritsuka and Rem talk. It was nice seeing her happy and not have to worry about her being kidnapped.
"Come on (Y/n), I'm going to take you home," you turn and see Mage standing behind you, a little embarrassed. You nod and take one last look at Ritsuka before following Mage to back to the city. "Were not going to fly this time?" You ask coming up beside him, and he shakes his head. "No, walking would be better, since this is probably the last time well be together. You stop walking and look up at him confused.
"What are you talking about?" You question, hoping he was just messing with you. He sighs and walks over to you. "Us devils were only here for the grimoire, since that's all over, were not needed here anymore." You couldn't help but get emotional. "But I need you here," you say quietly. Mage grabs your hands and looks you in the eyes. "I'm really sorry (Y/n), but we just can't stay," he says, then he takes your hand and starts walking. "Unless you want to come live with me," he looks down at you but you just sigh. That was out of the question and you knew it. You wanted to be with Mage but you couldn't just leave your family, no matter how bad they were. The rest of the walk was quiet but you enjoyed the silence. When you reached your house you guys sent to your room window.
"Well, I guess this is good bye," you say awkwardly. You sucked at goodbyes and you really didn't know exactly what you wanted to say to Mage. "Yeah..." Was all he said. You guys stand their for a couple minutes then Mage leans down and kisses you, more gently than before. You return the kiss and feel almost disappointed when its over. "I love you Mage," you say in a shaky voice. "I love you too, (Y/n)," he says then turns to leave but you stop him. "Mage wait!" You say and reach to take off your necklace. "What are you doing?" He asks you and you place the necklace in his hands. "I want you to have this," you say, giving him your grandmas necklace. He just waves it away. "I'm not taking that from you," he says shaking his head but you insist. "So you'll remember me," you tell him and he sighs and finally accepts it. "Goodbye (Y/n)," Mage says and after one last look at you, he vanishes. You wait for a second, unable to believe that he's really gone. After a couple minutes you open your window with tears in your eyes and go back into your room.
                            ***
Next morning, it took you forever to get up and when you did, it was a mistake. As soon as you got out of your room you parents began yelling at you like always, except this wasn't like any of the other fights you've had. They finally found out that you've been sneaking out and doing not doing as well in your classes and they were furious. You didn't know what to say because they were right. Ever since you met Mage, you haven't really been focused on school. Like every fight with your parents, it ended with you crying and storming out.
You didn't feel like going to school after that so you decided to walk to the park. Since school was going on you knew it would be empty and you needed the alone time. However, as soon as you got there you were surprised to see Mage sitting on one of the benches looking down.
"Mage!" you yelled then immediately covered your mouth. Your eyes were still wet from crying and you would feel embarrassed if he saw you like this. However he looked up at you confused and began heading your way.
"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" he asked jokingly, but when he saw your eyes watering he stopped. "What happened? Are you alright?"
After he asked you couldn't hold it in anymore and began crying loudly. You felt him wrap his arms around you but he didn't say anything. You guys stayed like that for about 10 minutes before you finally decided to tell him about the fight with your parents. You told him everything about how they were mad and how you felt like they didn't care about you, which made you cry even more since you never told that to anyone, not even Ritsuka or Azuna.
When you finished you just looked at him. He still wasn't saying saying anything so you two just stared at each other. You noticed that he was wearing the necklace you gave him and that made you feel a little better. He must've seen you staring at it because suddenly he began reaching into his pocket.
"Oh that reminds me," he said pulling out a new necklace from his pocket, "I got this for you." It had an M charm on in and it was really pretty. You didn't know what to say so you just grabbed it and looked from him to the necklace. "You got this for me?"
"Yeah, obviously," he said pretending to be annoyed, "I was just about to drop it off before I left."
Hearing that, you get sad all over again. "Oh yeah... Your leaving today..." he nods and pulls away from you.
"Yeah I better get going," he says sadly and slowly turns to leave. You watch him and start to think about all the fun you had with him, how much you are going to miss seeing him around school. Thinking abiut him not being around made your chest hurt. You couldn't live without him and you knew it. Suddenly, you get an idea and run after him.
"Mage wait," you say grabbing his arm, "I want to go with you." He looked at you shocked. "Really...are you sure?"
You think about what a hard time you've had living with your parents, how mean they were to you. Your positive that your making the right decision. From how they've treated you in the past, it doesn't seem like they'll miss you at all. "Yes, I'm sure," you say smiling and you reach to grab his hand.
"I love you," he says smiling down at you, then he starts glowing. You already knew that that meant he was about to teleport. "I love you too," you say and the two of you vanish, making your way to your new home.