n i n e

"Depends on what you have in mind," I smile.

"I was thinking the little restaurant down the road?" He questioned.

He's so much more polite than I expected, which I love.

"Ok, Katie is it ok if-" I started to ask Katie but she cut me off, "Go! Uh... I mean, yeah it's fine. I'll go to the Ben & Jerry's down the road. I'll need some money, though." She states and puts out her hand.

I give her a twenty, "Now run along, get your fatty food, unhealthy child!" She chuckles and waves goodbye, then walks away.

Calum and I start to walk to the restaurant.

It was one of those cute, family owned types.

We go in and sit at a booth.

Its a cute 50's styles sort of place, like an old diner.

A middle aged women came to our table, "Hi, I'm Noel, I'll be your waitress today. What drinks can I getcha?" She has a clear southern accent, and it really suites her.

"I'll have a pink lemonade please," I say with a smile.

She nods and writes it down, "Alright, what can I get for ya, son?" She says sweetly to Calum.

"I'll have the same please," He requests.

He's so sweet wow.

Ugh stop it, fangirl side of me.

Ew why am I talking to myself.

Noel walks away and Calum smiles at me.

"So, how long are you staying in LA?" He questions.

His accent is so cute I could just mELT.

Damnit, its hard to not want to scream/laugh/cry whenever I hear him talk.

"Until the 3rd week of August." I tell him.

It gets silent.

I listen to the quiet chit chat in the kitchen as they make food.

There was an adorable family of 3 and an old couple also in the restaurant, but other than that, it was empty.

"Why'd you decide to come up to me?" I finally break the ice.

He pauses.

"I dunno, you were pretty." He mumbled. He looked down and fumbled with his fingers.

"Really, because the way you're acting says differently." I sate.

"Fine, the truth is something about you is so utterly captivating. There's a depth to your personality; the way you talk, the way you act, and I wanted to know what it is about you that makes you so much more... Interesting. You're just different, the way you drew me towards you without trying is so different and I just want to find out why I felt like I had to know you. I can't explain it, and I know it sounds stupid and girly." He sighs.

I try to process it.

"Good different or bad different?" I ask him.

"Neither. Amazing different."