Chapter 1: Video Games

"I told you this wouldn't work!"

"Shut up and you haven't thought about the rest of the plan!"

"I don't even see why I'm friends with you!"

"Same here you blockhead."

"Oh now your using names? You dummy!"

"Dummy is that the best you- JEFF LOOK OUT!"

"AW COME ON! THAT WAS A CHEAP SHOT!"

"That's why you listen to the plan..." Sumo muttered.

Jeff snapped his head over to Sumo fuming. This is getting on his nerves, everywhere in the game he would somehow get shot down. "I quit."

"Jeff,man, come play. Its just a game!" Jeff shook his head and sat the controller on table then crossed his arms adding his 'Im mad face'. Sumo groaned, Jeff took every thing too seriously. It was just a game, not like it was life or death. They sat watching the screen replaying the games theme music and colorful animation. It was boring. If Sumo started playing without Jeff then there would be a huge argument on it.

"Why couldn't Clarence come again?"

Okay, Ouch. That was kinda hurtful. Like Jeff would rather be by Clarence than Sumo right now. Sumo felt a little hurt but answered none the less.

"Because of what happened last time we had a sleep over together."

"Oh."

It was quiet, in the house. Sumo had to give Clarence some credit without him, he and Jeff wouldn't have become friends. But without Clarence with them it felt like a big gap was between them.

"Jeff you wanna play again?" Sumo asked, Jeff shrugged. Sumo tossed the controller over to him,"This time follow my lead. Kay?" And then came another shrug.

They started and almost finished playing. There was one level left. Only one. Jeff sat at the edge of his seat on the couch facing the tv with anticipation. This is what they've been waiting for all night. To defeat the dragon boss. This is the level none of their friends have beaten and if they beat it tonight. They were going to make history. Jeff paused the game, catching Sumo by surprise. This was getting too intense by every second. He breathed in then breathed out.

"You okay?" Sumo asked as Jeff did his breathing mantra.

"This is the moment we've been waiting for! We are gonna go against the Dragon Boss! This could be a once in a lifetime thing for us. We HAVE TO BEAT HIM!" Sumo nodded in agreement.

"We can do this." They held there controllers tightly. This was all or nothing, Jeff gave a look to Sumo then started the game. Buttons smashed and words flew as the tried to defeat the Boss.

"Dammit!" Jeff shouted. Sumo pauses the game giving Jeff the 'I can't believe you said that' look. Realizing what he had said out loud, Jeff covered his mouth in embarrassment. "I didn't mean to say that." He whispered. Sumo still stared at him as if he had three heads instead of one, then he smirked.

"Oooh I didnt know little baby Jeff knew curse words." Sumo teased. He really didnt care if anyone would curse in his logic words are words but he never expected Jeff to say those words. Jeff looked down ashamed. "It sounds weird coming from you." Jeff suddenly got angry.

"How come it sounds weird? I can curse if I want to like anyone else but it doesn't sound weird coming from them? That's a load of bull-"

"Whoa there sailor! No need for more, lets finish the game then we'll talk about that language." Sumo said raising his hands in defense. Jeff again gave his 'Im mad face' and Sumo sighed."Come on Jeff, please I didnt mean to offend you."

"Uggh, fine I'll keep playing." he groaned.

"You ready?"

"Yeah?"

"Alright then." Sumo unpaused the game. It was action time again., both were consumed by the game.

"We're running out of lives, man, we gotta quit!" Jeff said fear taking over his entire body.

"Quitting is for babies, until we die is when we quit!" Sumo shouted pressing harder on ever button. Jeff wanted to correct him on his grammar usage but remained quiet, the characters didnt have enough power and didnt have enough lives. Jeff knew they couldn't win. His character was in a bubble or something following Sumo's around. "Here we are!" Sumo said giddy that he was about to enter the bosses room.

Jeff perked up hope coming to him. This is the final moment if they ever thought about winning they have to do it as a team. The game turned pitch black then to a dark red with the Bosses evil laughter echoing. Jeff was shaking his whole body turning pale.

"Oh man, I think we bit off more than we can chew!" His voice shivered as well. Sumo gave him a hard glare.

"We Can Make It!" the Boss fell from the sky and landed perfectly on the ground then gave its signature roar.

"M-maybe we should pause it and lookup cheat codes?"

"That's a smart idea but I wanna figure this out myself."

The battle started. Jeff's hands moved at a wicked pace as he threw fire at the boss. His heart beated so loud that he was pretty sure Sumo was able to hear it. Sumo's character sent a shot off the Bosses head and the finally he fell to the ground.

"Oh My God! We did it! OMG!" Jeff jumped up and down, his pulse went through his whole body he couldn't name a day he had ever been so scared.

"Hold up, Jeff I don't think we're through yet..." Sumo eyed the screen with a look of suspicion.

"What do you mean?! We beat the game! Time to celebrate!" Jeff said happily, his body still thumped with his heart.

"The princess would've popped out by now..." Sumo explains.

Jeff sat down slowly,"So you mean-"

A large roar cut off his words scaring him to death. "I knew it!" Sumo said and prepared to fight the beast once more. Jeff got himself together and grabbed his controller.

"Jeff, go up. Use your fire power!"

"Wait! I have to save you! You're about to die!"

"Let me die, I'll return back into my normal size instead of this shorter version!"

In mere minutes the Boss died."Is it over?"

"Wait till the light comes." As Sumo said that the light appeared and so did the princess who kissed both characters cheeks. Sumo and Jeff gave each other the look of accomplishment.

"Yes!" they both hi-five each other and hug like they have really just saves the world. Sumo stretched and yawned,"Man what time is it?" Sumo looked over to the clock and stood up. "Man we need sleep." he looked over and saw Jeff pouting at the credits. "Dude, what's wrong?"

Jeff shrugged,"Its nothing, I just wish the kiss was real and all. We beat the whole game. My thumbs hurt from all that button smashing! I want something to actually feel like a winner."

Sumo leaned over laying a kiss on Jeffs cheek,"You're a winner, now lets get some sleep." he got on the other side of the couch getting underneath the covers fast sleep.

Jeff touched his cheek.'That was friendly right?' his face turned to a dark crimson. He stared at the sleeping boy at the end of the couch.'Yeah,friendly..." he snuggled into the covers repeating what had just happen in his thoughts. He moved his feet a little making the brush over Sumo's. He squeaked quickly moving them back to where they were.

"Sumo, I think we should do this again sometimes." he said shyly not expecting an answer back but surprised she he did receive one.

"Mmmhmm, I think we should too. Just us." the other muttered. Jeff smiled and went to sleep peacefully.