Chapter 20- Steven's return

Edited this chapter as best I could. Feel free to point out any mistakes.

Lux's P.O.V.

It's been almost a week and a half since Steven left for the quest to gather up the gang. I was worried because something didn't feel right. It was late at night and I was in my bed just tossing and turning unable to fall asleep. The was noises coming from Steven's room so got up to investigate. I tip toed to his room and slowly opened the door. It was dark but I could see the figure of a person lying on the floor. When I got close enough to see who it is my heart sank.

"Steven, are you okay?" I knelt down next to him. He had cuts and bruises all over him and he could barely stand up.

"Y-yes...no," he replied coughing.

"Oh my god what happened to you?" I asked as I helped him onto his bed. He was covered in blood and bruises.

"I was on my way home after I saw Allan...Three guys ganged up on me. I beat the crap out of them but they got a few punches themselves. They're from the rivalry gang," he groaned in pain as he fell on the bed.

"Just stay here I'll be right back," I said running to his bathroom and filled a bowl with water. I grabbed the first aid kit and some towels and then returned to Steven's side.
I wet one of the wash cloths and lightly dabbed it on his head to clean off the blood.

"I'm sorry baby I didn't mean to make you worry," he spoke softly.

"Shh just rest I'll take care of you," I said. He looked really bad but not too bad. He fell asleep while I took care of his wounds. I undressed him, leaving him in only his boxer briefs and made sure he was comfortable. After I finished cleaning him up I went back to my own room and fell asleep.

~◇~◇~◇~
Dreaming...

I heard someone calling my name but I didn't recognize their voice.

" Lux, sweet heart where are you? "
A female voice spoke.

"Lux come on we don't have all day, we can't be late," a male voice chipped in. I walked out to where the voices was and found a old couple standing there smiling at me.

"There you are, now come on you'll be late," the woman said grabbing my hand and dragged me outside.

" Late for what and who are you?" I asked confused looking at them.

"Lux don't be silly, your wedding my darling, your father and I came to get you," she informed me pushing me into the car.

"My wedding? Who am I getting married to?" I asked confused as the car pulled away.

"Steven your fiancé of course," my dad said. I'm getting married to Steven and my parents are still alive? This is one twisted dream.

"You're not real, this is not real," I whispered to myself. Everything then went white.

End of dream...

I sat up in my bed looking around, it's five in the morning and I could hear the rain fall. I decided to go check on Steven. I got out of bed and tip toed to his room. He was still fast asleep and looked peaceful. I got into bed next to him and layed down staring at him.

The remainder of the dream still lingered in my head. Ugh as tired as I was I couldn't sleep at all.
That was one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had, my parents were still alive and I'm getting married to Steven. I rolled over to my other side but I just couldn't find a comfortable way to sleep.
I got up, frustrated and walked down stairs for a glass of water.

"Why are you up so early?" David asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"I couldn't sleep, Steven's home but he's pretty banged up," I stated grabbing a bottle of water out the fridge.

"Is he okay?" David asked concerned.

"Yeah he just has a lot of bruises," I replied sitting down.

"You know I was shocked when I first learned Mia was part of a gang. When she told me after we got married I couldn't look at her the same way. I was kind of scared to be around her," David chuckled at the memory.

"How did you meet her?" I asked.

"High school sweet hearts, we dated all through high school and college. After graduation asked her to marry me. She was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I loved her endlessly, " he stated smiling at me. I returned his smile.

"That's so beautiful, I once lived with this old lady for almost a year until she got sick and passed away. Anyways she was the kindest person ever, she met her husband after World War two, they were still both kids but they fell in love and ran away together. They got married and moved to this small town. She told me they couldn't have kids so they entered the foster program as parents. They adopted a kids and raised them. Her husband died a few years before I came to their house, although he was gone she wasn't sad. She always spoke of him as if he was still there and she was a happy old lady. When she died I cried for two weeks, she was the best foster parent I've ever had. She left me a small fortune and her wedding dress. She told me that I'll fund my happiness when I find my other half and that I should stay strong," I smiled remembering Belle.

"She sounds like quite a woman, I'm glad you had at least one foster parent who cared," David stated.

"Yeah me too," I got up," I'm going to check on Steven," I said leaving the kitchen. I walked into his room and sat down on the bed next to him. He was awake now.

"Hey how are you feeling?" I asked caressing his cheek.

"Still a little sore bit I'll survive," he replied pulling my face closer to his. He planted a kiss on my lips.
I'm just glad that Steven returned home. I love this man a lot and I don't know how I could live without him.

~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~◇~
Please comment and vote.

Love,
Mars :)