Chapter 9

Erica paused to wipe at the sweat beading along her brow. She felt like she was melting. It was so hot.

And yet she seemed like the only one being tortured by the sun. All the alien people were fine, just walking around handy-dandy, smiling and frolicking in the hateful sunshine while she labored in the fields. She tsked, this couldn't be any more ironic.

She huffed as she dropped several light gold seeds into the auburn dirt before sealing up the hole. This is what he had assigned her to do. Her punishment for the next ten eons was to do field work. Planting, picking...garden work...for ten eons. It was strenuous work and she had been doing it for the last two weeks. She had callouses on her hands and she was sure that she had sweated enough to fill a whole river at this point.

She moved on her knees to the next open hole, dropping more seeds into before closing it up as well. This was complete torture.

Her womanhood began to tingle and she grit her teeth, she was thankful for one thing. A full day of working in the sun distracted her from the fact that her girly parts were always singing. She grew hornier by the day and yet she still refused to have anything to do with Keagan. The man was a brute.

He still wasn't even remotely close to being gentle with her. He still tossed her over his shoulder when he grew impatient with her and he still refused to call her by her name. She was so tired of being called 'human'. Tack on the fact that he never smiled at her and she knew he was capable of it. Hell, she had seen him smile before, multiple times actually. He was always smiling at the children and just about anyone who greeted him and yet whenever he so much as glanced in her direction he scowled. She realized the man had a hatred for humans but geez, smiling at her wouldn't be the end of the world.

She ran a hand through her sweaty dreads, hating the fact that she hadn't had any time to re-twist them. They were starting to look a little messy. She looked down at the skin of her arm and sighed, she was a least a shade darker. Her soft brown skin was now a soft dark brown.

A shadow suddenly fell over her and she looked up, expecting to see Keagan scowling down at her like always. But she was surprised when her eyes fell on the alien with long black hair and a goofy grin, his teeth poking out.

She stood, wiping her hands on her leggings.

"You are working very hard. It must be hard for you." He mumbled, his voice a little gruff.

She narrowed her eyes, "Who are you?" She had seen him before but she didn't know his name.

His grin widened and bowed slightly, "Vultar. And you are Erica, the human mate of the chief, Keagan. Keagan is my very best friend, he talks about you always."

She frowned. She didn't believe that in the least. "Well, Vultar, it's nice to meet you. I doubt he talks about me and even if he does I'm sure it's not pleasant."

He shook his head, "I assure you it is nothing but pleasant. Would you like to hear some of his words?"

She was tempted to say no but curiosity got the best of her. "Why the hell not? Hit me with it."

He tilted his head in confusion, "I do not understand this phrase, 'hit me with it'."

"It means tell me."

He nodded in recognition before grinning once more. "He says that he did not know that people of earth tasted so good. But he is sure that you taste better than any other earthling."

Her mouth fell open and embarrassment rocketed down her spine. Why was he telling people things like that? "He did not tell you that!"

"He says that you also smell delicious and that it takes all of his energy not to devour you."