Part 1

March 20th 2020 (present day)

"I want my mommy"

"I'm here baby girl, don't cry... shh... Mommy's here"

____________________________________________________________________________________

March 25th 2016

"Alex..." I wake up feeling a sharp pain "Alex!"

" What Jo? What?" Alex groans as he turns to his side to face me. I can't believe he's upset that I woke him up. I AM PREGNANT!

"She's ready to come out..."

"Who's rea... oh god, now?" he says getting up from the bed to find some clothes to put on

" Ahhh... Yes, Alex! Now! Do I look like I'm joking? Jerk!" I find myself screaming while I try to breathe out a contraction. "ALEX! Stop walking around the freaking room and freaking out like you're the one who's going into labour. TAKE ME TO THE FREAKING HOSPITAL" Oh god this hurts. He finally manages to get me out of bed and take me to the hospital.

My waters broke 9 hours ago and I've been pushing for so long now, I don't know if I can keep doing it "You're doing great , give me another push, she's almost here" the midwife says to me with a bright smile on her face, I know she's wearing a mask but I can also tell she's smiling behind it.

"I can't ... I can't do it... I'm too tired." I'm crying so hard right at this point and I'm out of breath and strength too. "Why won't she just come out?"

"You can do it Jo, just one more time and we'll have our baby girl here with us" Alex is smiling too but he is looking at me as if he is afraid of me and he better be. He's the reason I'm here at this exact moment

"Why are you smiling for? This is YOUR fault! I bet you'll lose that smile next time you try to touch me!" I find some little strength left in me and I push as hard as I can. A loud cry fills the room and tears start streaming down my face, I turn my head to look at Alex and I see that he is crying too.

  ____________________________________________________________________________________  

March 2019

""Camilla, come on it's bed time" I've been telling my birthday girl that for the last fifteen minutes, coming in and out of her room.

"Mommy..." She says to me but still focused on what she's doing with Alex. I think they are playing with her new computer Steph gave her as a birthday present. Thank you Steph. "Daddy say I can play five minutes" I just can't believe Alex.

"That was ten minutes ago, just for the record." He tries to justify himself. Ten minutes? So why didn't you stop her five minutes ago? Oh, Alex you're so lucky I love you. I give him a disbelieving look. "Come on princess, let's get those pretty eyes a rest." He says picking her up off the carpet. "We will continue this tomorrow" and he kisses her on her chubby cheek because he knows what he is about to face.

"But daddy..." she starts whimpering. "I is not tired, Mimi is not sleepy" And now he is looking at me with pleading eyes. I know what he wants to do.

"Don't you dare Alex... don't you dare." I threat him but he still does it anyway.

"What if Camilla sleeps with mommy and daddy today?" He is talking to her but directing the question to me. He knows I won't say no. "Would you like that baby girl?" she nods to him and then looks at me, I immediately smile to her and she smiles back trying to get to the floor so she can run to me. I lift her up and walk to our bedroom.

"Alex don't forget her blanket" I tell Alex while I tuck her in.

"Yeah daddy, don't foget bankie" She's so perfect. Those hazel eyes of her remind me so much of Alex's but when she smiles...Oh, when she smiles it's like I'm looking at picture of me as child that was never taken. I can't she is three already, my precious baby. "Mommy why you cwying" She snaps me out of my thoughts. I didn't even notice I was crying.

"Because mommy's baby girl is growing up so fast and mommy doesn't her to." She giggles like she has heard the funniest thing ever.

"Mommy you silly."

"She is isn't she?" Alex says getting in the bed with us and giving Camilla her blanket. "Good night princess Camilla, good night princess Jo. I love you." He kisses us both.

"Night daddy I love you too" she turns to me and kisses me. "Night mommy, I love you".

  ____________________________________________________________________________________  

Present day

Alex's POV

"That's weird. My wife told me to come get Camilla because she was called in for an emergency surgery and wouldn't be able to pick her up" I tell Camilla's daycare worker. They closed the daycare on the hospital and built it on the street across the hospital. The day care is still the hospital's property they just relocated it.

"Let me check the sign-in and sign-out sheet." She says to me and walks to Camilla's classroom to go get it. "Here it is. She picked her up at 4:13pm today" She shows me Jo's signature. That's impossible! It's 5:30pm and Jo asked me to pick her up less than an hour ago. Jo wouldn't just take her from the daycare and then forget she did it, and even if she had picked Camilla where would she have taken her to before returning to the hospital? Somebody would have to be looking after Mimi, right? My phone stars ringing on my pocket and I see Jo's number on the ID caller.

"Hey babe, I just finished the surgery. It went really well actually. Did you get Camilla yet? Oww let me talk to her I missed her so much today. Are you guys still at the daycare? I'll pass by there and then we can all go home together." My heart drops to the floor. "Alex?" She didn't do it. "Alex, babe you there?"

"Uh, wha... Yeah I'm still at the daycare."

"Okay? Give me fifteen minutes and I'll be there. Love bye."

Oh my God... Who took our girl? Where is she...