Part 2

Jo's POV.

You know that feeling when something bad is about to happen? I woke feeling like that this morning. It's awful and I hate it, I really hope nothing happens though. I walk in the direction of Camilla's bedroom to get her up off bed, I really feel bad that she has to wake up so early most of the days Alex and I work in the morning. However, I prefer that than not getting to see her all day if we are stuck at the hospital to work on a night shift, which has happened a few times this week, if it's not Alex it's me who is stuck at the hospital. I walk into her room and see that she is lying awake in her bed, for my surprise, I usually have to wake her up but today she decided to do it herself.

"Morning princess." I say to her as I sit in bed with her. "Ready to get up?" She shakes her head. Camilla is not a very talkative person in some mornings. She'll talk to you by nods, shakes, stares, groans and whimpers, she has her days. "Why not?"

"I don't want to go. I want to go buy things for my birthday." I smile at her, which she doesn't found as cute as I do.

"Baby the stores are closed right now, but I promise we'll go right after mommy gets out of work and picks you up from daycare." She seems to be more understanding now. "Okay?"

"Yes."

"Now come on let's get up" I help her stand in her bed so that I can start to take her pajama off and put her in her street clothes. "You still want to have a princess party?"

"Yes." She is all giddy now that we start to talk about her birthday. I love seeing my baby smile and laugh for all the simple things that to her are a big deal, but who doesn't?

"You had a princess party last year. Don't you want to do something different this year?" I ask her as I put her t-shirt on.

"No mommy I was a mermaid princess. I want to be a pink and a blue princess." I look at her curiously and she smiles. "Like Princess Aurora."

"You remember being a mermaid princess?" I ask her curiously.

"Of course not, silly. I saw in the pictures on daddy's computer." She laughs. Yeah she still calls me silly more than she calls me mommy. All Alex's fault, he used to call me silly whenever I started being all soft over Camilla and she found it funny and apparently still does. I finish getting her dressed and start putting her shoes on. She is still giggling when Alex comes in.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asks us as he walks toward us and kisses Camilla on her cheek.

"No daddy we are done here. Only mommy need to get dress before we are All late." We can't help but laugh at her, I don't think she knows just how funny she is. She started all grumpy and now she is the one who's making us laugh. "Mommy you have to get ready because we need to eat."

"Okay baby girl, will you wait for me?" She looks at her father before answering me.

"No, we are hungry now. It cannot wait."

Alex gave her breakfast while I was getting ready. I still managed to eat with them though. We left the house and she realized she was going to the daycare and started crying saying that she didn't want to go. Alex calmed her down but it only until she saw the daycare building. You know that feeling I was having when I woke up? It started again when we entered the daycare. By then Camilla was crying her lungs out and hugging me So hard that I felt like crying. She didn't want to stay there and to be honest I didn't either, all I wanted was to be with her and have fun buying her princesses' stuff all day long so I kept promising her that we would do it today with no exceptions. Alex said goodbye to her first because he head a meeting in ten minutes and she kept kissing him non-stop as if she would never see him again. Alex said goodbye and left so I stayed with her for a little longer. She started to calm down but she began crying and calling for me when I let her go. The daycare worker told me that it was ok for me to leave because Camilla would calm down, but I couldn't just leave my child like that so I stayed and she fell asleep. It was hard for me to leave her, she wanted to come to work with me but I couldn't bring her today. My poor baby.

I walked to the cafeteria at lunchtime and spotted Alex so I went to sit with him. "What's up" he asked me as soon as I sat. "You don't look like Jo today." He was right I didn't. First, it was the all incident with my baby girl, then I lost a patient on the operating table and that stupid feeling hasn't gone away either so sum it all up. My day hasn't been great.

"I just have this feeling that something wrong is going to happen..." and it is killing because I can't have anything more to happen. "I don't know... I just feel sad about Camilla maybe..."

"Yeah why was she so upset?" he holds my hand and kisses it.

"I don't know. First, I thought she was just throwing a fit but now I think she misses us... We haven't been able to spend anytime time with her this week. Do you think she is okay?"

"She has slept if off by now." I fell tears rolling down on my cheeks. "Jo she is okay, and nothing wrong is going to happen. We'll spend time with her today because I'm coming shopping with you two." He wipes my tears and rubs my cheek.

"Okay."

We finished eating and went our ways. All I kept thing was that I had three more hours and then I could see my child. Time was passing too slowly and I couldn't stop watching my freaking watch which only made it seem like every second turned into hours. I didn't have much to do in the hospital so I kept wondering if it would hurt to go check up on her but I realized it would because I'd have to return to the hospital and it could make things worse. So I stayed at the hospital checking on patients.

It's 4p.m now. I've already taken my scrubs off and I'm in my street clothes. I hear footsteps approaching me. Please don't be Alex. "Hey. Where are you going?" Thank god, it's Stephanie. "I mean we still have 30 more minutes before we can leave..." I turn to face her and she looks at me with a suspicious look because she knows me and realizes I'm up to something "What if you are needed?" Damn it

"I'm sure you can cover for me..." I tell her but it sounds as a question.

"Maybe... Where are you going?" I really wish nobody had seen me trying to get away.

"It's none of your business."

"So no, I'm not covering for you" She turns to leave.

"Please Steph... Just do it. I can't tell you now." I mean I could tell her but she could stop me and tell Alex and I can't have Alex knowing about this. "You will know about it later. Please?"

"Jo you're acting weird. But fine. I never saw you." She says and starts to leave.

"Thanks." I sigh. "And please don't mention this to Alex"

"Okay, as I said I never saw you." And with that she's is out of the locker room.

I start walking out of there too and when I'm about to leave an ambulance and the paramedics take the patient out of it. Dr. Hunt is the first to show up and he passes through me, while scrolling the gurney into the emergency area.

"Wilson" I hear him calling my name. "We need you on this one." I really need to leave now. I can always pretend that I didn't hear him calling me or I can pretend I didn't notice he was talking To me because nobody calls me Wilson anymore. I turn around praying that he is not there still. He has his back turned to me.

Good! My opportunity to go.