Chapter 19

"This is so cute" Harmony cooed as she picked up a Dolce and Gabana romper

"Give it here" Denim said from her place in a rocking chair nearby. Harmony was picking out the clothes while Denim just collected. Her legs were tired from the number they had did in the mall so far.

"Lil Harmony gone be fresh as hell" she came over carrying about three more outfits and two headbands. Denim laughed at the nickname Harmony wouldn't stop calling her child. She hadn't even picked out a name for her baby just yet but it definitely wouldn't be Harmony.

"Let's get this stuff, I'm so tired."

"It's on me, this is my baby shower gift since you didn't have one."

Denim looked down at the pile of clothes on her lap, it was easily close to a thousand dollars of baby clothes sitting in her lap. It had been Harmony's idea to come to Saks Fifth Avenue. "Harmony this is going to cost too much."

"It doesn't matter now give it here" she picked up the pile of clothes "sit here I'll be back."

Denim shook her head as she watched Harmony walk off. She sat back and rocked back and forth in the comfortable chair. Her phone rung and she knew it was Blaze, he had been calling nearly every hour to see if she was in labor. Denim was now two weeks before her due date but everyone felt like she wouldn't make it that far.

"Still pregnant" she said answering the phone.

"Okay" he said before Denim hung up the phone and closed her eyes.

"Is that Denim?"

She peeked one eye open and closed it right back. "Look at little Denim!"

Sighing Denim opened her eyes to see Charlene, a not so pleasant face from her past. Charlene and Denim's mother had been best friends. Back than, Denim tolerated Charlene only because during the times when Destiny wanted to be selfish Charlene would feed them and make sure they got to school. But Denim always knew Charlene was aware of the abuse that was going on. She would turn the other cheek whenever she would see a bruise or Denim tried to tell her. That was where Denim's trust in people went completely out the window.

At one point Denim had been positive that Charlene would be the one to save them from their hell, but she was focused on money just like her mother.

"Hi Charlene" Denim said dryly she wasn't about to make her think she was happy to see her.

"I can't believe it's you and you're pregnant!" Charlene reached out like she was about to touch her stomach but the look on Denim's face stopped her.

"Well bye Charlene" she grabbed the arm rests of the rocking chair and pulled herself up.

Denim started to walk away until Charlene said "I used to try and stop her Denim."