Chapter 26

A week later and Denim was growing more worried about Taylor. She knew he had been mad but not mad enough to completely ignore her. Denim decided to pay him a visit since he wouldn't answer her call or texts. She just wanted to make sure he was okay and that Blaze hadn't really done anything stupid.

Arriving to his complex Denim conned her way past security and went up to his apartment. She knocked on the door and moved away since she knew he had cameras.

"I got it" she heard a female voice say before the door opened.

Denim stepped into his view "hi is Taylor here?"

"Oh yeah he is, you are?"

"Brittany" Denim lied so she didn't get the door slammed in her face.

His sister invited her in, telling Denim that Taylor was laying on the couch. She approached the couch and her eyes widened at the condition of his face. "Taylor what happened?"

He slowly turned his head as he grabbed his ice pack and placed it against one of his swollen eyes. Denim didn't even know if he could see from how big they looked. His bottom lip had stitches in, his ribs were bandaged and his left arm was in a cast.

"Get out."

"Taylor who did this?" she asked until she thought about it. This had to be Blaze's work but she was just happy he hadn't killed him. "I'm really sorry Taylor."

"You're the one that made this happen?" his sister walked in and said.

Denim wanted to say she wasn't but she did feel responsible for Taylor's condition. "It was the father of my child. I never thought he would actually do something like this."

"I'm calling the police."

"No!" Taylor sat up before he started to groan in pain. Denim could see the fear in his eyes and she was only getting more pissed at Blaze.

"What do you mean no? he deserves to pay for what he did?"

Taylor shook his head and slowly lay back down "Denim just go, Alisha you can't call the police. That nigga is not right and I'm not taking the chance to have anything he said come true. Denim whatever friendship we had is over, don't ever come back."

Sighing Denim knew it was best for her to listen to him. She leaned over and gently kissed his cheek before she left the apartment in search of Blaze.

*
"Ziya the nigga is a lunatic. He really beat the shit out of Taylor I wish I could have taken a picture" Denim yelled over the Bluetooth.

Ziya laughed "it's not really funny but you can't lie, Blaze is in a league of his own for real. Where are you right now?"

"Pulling up to the barbershop, I'm about to let his ass have it. And I'm looking like lunch, he is going to go off. I'll call you later."