Chapter 11

Jordyn POV

The sunlight coming through the window is shining right in my eyes. I slowly opened them. For the first time in a while, I feel complete happiness. I lift my head up and see Paige has her arm around me still.
We are almost in the same position as we fell asleep. Thinking about last night brings a smile to my face.

"You are so cute when you smile." I look up at Paige who utters the word with her eyes closed.

"How do you know I'm smiling? You can't see me." I turn to my side and lay my arm across her.

She turns her head to the side and opens her eyes. "I don't have to see you to know."

I ran my hand along the side of her face. I lift my head off the bed and kiss her soft lips.

"You are so beautiful." Paige whispers.

I nuzzle my head in the bed by trying not to let her see me blush. When I picked my head back up, I could see she was getting ready to tease me. I stop her by placing my lips back on hers.

Paige pulls my body on top of her. As the kiss started getting more intense, there was a knock on the door.

I roll off Paige. "It's probably Alexis."

I looked at the time and it was only seven thirty. Does she think we can even get on the base this early?

I open the door. "OH MY GOD!" I scream. Standing in front of me was Jake in his army uniform.

He quickly puts his hand over my mouth and pushes me in the door as he shuts it behind him. He let go of my mouth then put his finger to his mouth telling me to be quiet.

"I don't want Alexis to know I'm in here." He says while not trying to talk too loud.

I gave him a hug which was a little odd for us. He has always been nice to me and all, but the fact that I even missed him was crazy. Paige comes up and gives him a hug as well.

"How did you know what room we were in?" Paige asks him.

I didn't even think about that.

He goes over and sits in the chair. "Derek told me. Alexis doesn't think she can see me for a while, so I wanted to surprise her."

Alexis POV

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I had too many emotions going through me. What if when Jake sees me he realizes he doesn't get the same feeling anymore? What if he has completely changed? I roll over to see it is only seven. I decided to start getting ready. It's not like I'm going to sleep anyways.

I go to the bathroom to change then straighten my hair. My stomach was in knots making me not feel well.

When I was finished getting ready, I
saw the boys and Callie are up. I guess I wasn't quiet enough.

Callie was sitting on the far bed avoiding eye contact with Derek. I'm not sure what happened to them last night. All I know is Derek left to find her and she came back to the room crying.

-Knock-

I walk to the door to answer it. I open the door to see Paige standing there. Who knew she would be up this early, especially with Jordyn in her room?

"Where is Jordyn?"

The look on Paige's face wasn't pleasant.

"We got into a fight. She locked herself in the bathroom. She is refusing to come out." Paige tells me.

Seriously? They had to get in a fight now. Are they that selfish that they can't put their rollercoaster relationship to the side? I storm to their room with Paige following me.

Out of nowhere, she pulls her phone out and has it pointing at me.

"What are you doing?" I question her.

She doesn't answer me. I start pounding on the door.

"Jordyn came out here now."

I could hear her moving around in there. The door wasn't opening as it was locked. I look over at Paige and see Jordyn is standing by her.

"What the hell is going on? Who is in the bathroom?"

They both are staring at me smiling.

The doorknob starts to turn. The door opens. My heart stops.

"JAKE!" I jump in his arms.

I wrap my arms around him trying not to cry, but I have no control as tears stream out of my eyes.

Jake sets me down then leans down to kiss me.

He wraps me back in his arms. "I missed you pretty girl."

"I missed you so much." I close my eyes feeling the warmth of his arms around me.

All the fears I have had for the last six months have disappeared.

"We will find something different to do today." Derek says from the hallway. "You guys should spend the day together."

Scott and Derek were both standing in the hallway watching Jake and I embrace each other.

I feel guilty because they all came this way to see Jake.

Callie POV

I thought today's attention was going to be on Jake, but now we aren't even going to be around him.

"I'm going to stay here." I tell the others as they want to go eat.

Jordyn waves the others to go to the car.

"Why don't you want to come?"

Isn't it obvious that I don't want to be here in the first place? "I don't want to be around Derek." I simply say.

She raises her brow at me. "Why not?"

"He kissed me." I sit on the bed.

Jordyn sits by me. "What's so wrong with that?"

Most girls don't want their ex-boyfriend making moves on their best friends.

Jordyn eyes are gawking right at me waiting for me to come up with a reason.

"I don't know." I lay down wanting to go back to sleep.

Jordyn pulls my arm to sit me up.

"Did you like it?" A smile of hope was on her face.

I shrug. "I don't know to be honest. I freaked out and ran away."

"Why do you think you freaked out?" Jordyn is acting like a detective with all these questions.

"Because I know what guys want with me. They all think I will put out. The one person I thought liked me, hurt me."

"Callie. You don't honestly believe that, do you?"

I shrugged my shoulders again.

"You started dating Christian after he started hitting you, so I know somewhere inside, you knew that it wasn't going to be real."

I sigh knowing she is right.

"Derek has never been the hit it and quit it. I'm not saying you have to give him a chance, but if there is some part of you that might like him or might want to try it, don't let the guys in the past be the reason to hold you back. Tell Derek to take it slow if you want to try it out. I have been there with him. He will respect what you need."

I take a minute and think about all she was saying.

"You don't think that would be weird for me to date the guy you used to date, or should I say the guy that was in love with you?"

Jordyn shakes her head. "No, I have no feelings for him." A smile then comes to her face. "Does that mean you might give him a chance?"

I put my hands over my face. "Do you know how crazy this all is? Derek and you dated! Now you want me to date him. Paige and Alexis once hated you and now you're dating Paige or whatever you two consider yourself. This is just like a huge circle that was never supposed to happen."

Jordyn gets off the bed laughing and signals for me to follow her. I decided to go and stop hiding out.

"Who cares as long as we are happy in the end." Jordyn wraps her arm around mine.

We walked out to her vehicle. When we got there Paige was in the driver's seat and the two guys were in the back.

"Do you want me to sit back there or are you going to be fine?" Jordyn whispers.

"I'll be fine." I open the back door. Derek scoots over to the middle.

"Sorry about last night." I apologize to Derek.

He turns his head over to me and smiles. "It's fine. I never had that reaction before when I kissed a girl." He says jokingly.

I take my elbow and shove it in his rib cage.

"Is that a smile on your face?" He pokes my cheek.

"Aren't you two the cutest?" Paige looks at us from the rearview mirror.

"You don't have room to talk." I give her an evil smirk.

"Why is that?" Paige says as she starts driving to where we are eating.

I click my tongue to the roof of my mouth before I speak. "I'm pretty sure that I heard a little extra activity going on last night. You do realize your bed is on the wall where our beds are right?"

Jordyn and Paige look at each other before trying to hide their faces.

"Busted." Scott says.

Derek put his hand up for me to give him a high five.

"Looks like love is in the air." Paige says, glancing at Jordyn and then back at us in the mirror.

Alexis POV

The next two days went fast. I'm finally in the car driving my fiancé back home. This is the best feeling ever. I don't know what is going to happen in the next month or so with him being stationed, but I don't want to worry about it right now. I can't wait until next week when we say I do.

One of the proudest moments I had was when he graduated. It showed his strength and perseverance. All day yesterday he was telling me about all the stuff they do, and I couldn't imagine it. Not only the physical toll, but the emotional toll it takes on you is crazy.

He will be staying at my house until we get married. Since Paige doesn't have her apartment anymore and he doesn't want to go back to his moms, I talked my parents into it even though they were so cruel with the letters. We are planning to get an apartment in Pullman.