Chapter 30

Jordyn POV

SKIP AHEAD A YEAR....

I look up at the clock and I only have ten minutes to finish. I look at my exam and have five questions left. No big deal, right? Wrong. I don't know why I let my advisor convince me I was ready for calculus. Most people I know here are taking algebra or pre-calculus, but here I am praying for a miracle to happen on this test.

I try to hurry through the problems. When I get to the last three, I realize they were the exact same set up as the study guide but different numbers. It happens to be that I put these examples on my cheat sheet we were allowed to have for the test. I breeze through the questions feeling a little bit of confidence. As I put the last answer down the teacher calls for time.

The confidence fades when I hand my exam in. Why do teachers feel it's fair to make one test worth forty percent of your grade, also the test being cumulative? Some classes I understand, but not a math class, especially calculus. I bet they enjoy watching students suffer through them.

I walk out of the building and look at my phone. It is eleven. The teacher told us our final grade will be posted at three. I have four hours to stress about my exam score. I have to get a ninety-four to get an A and keep a 4.0 for my freshmen year.

To be honest, I'm a little bitter about not getting a 4.0 in high school. I made getting a 4.0 for my college years my number one goal. This goal has been spent many long nights in the library. For the last week I feel like I have lived there. I have barely seen Paige. We agreed not to study at the same place during finals week because we get easily distracted.

You would think being in a library we wouldn't get that distracted. Well, the thing is the library is big and lots of excluded places. When Paige and I are here together we always seem to be in one of those areas with our tongues down each other's throat.

I used to have a small fear that college would change our relationship. I mean, when she first started here, we broke up, so I didn't know what to expect fully.

It did change our relationship, but in the best way possible. Our feelings have escalated and they are hard to contain. Our friends think we are addicted to having sex. Maybe we are, but I would say we are just madly in love with each other.

When I'm around Paige it doesn't matter how the day went. Everything falls into place. We know each other's ins and outs. When I'm down, she knows it and I don't have to explain. She is there to make me smile or to pick up the pieces if needed. The same with her. Not having parents around also helps.

Don't get me started with my mom.

All these years I thought Alexis's problem was them being so different, but now I'm seeing it. My mom has had all the time in the world to accept Paige and I's relationship. I am now believing she never will. No matter how many times she says she does, actions speak louder than words.

I walk back to my dorm. When I got there, it was sad seeing everything packed up. Callie and I had a wonderful year. We are lucky not to fall in the category of friends rooming together and hating each other in the end.

This summer and next school year Callie, Paige, Christian, and I are renting a house. The house is right by the school. It isn't strictly for college students to rent, but that's usually who the owners rent too, probably because a family would be crazy to live that close to a college campus. There are four bedrooms so we all will have our own rooms. Paige and I offered to room together so we could get an extra roommate to help with rent, but they didn't want that.

Christian is living with us has caused more drama than Callie and I wanted. Paige doesn't trust him fully. She is giving him a chance though. He is now in therapy and has been getting true professional help.

Derek cannot stand Christian. He doesn't like Callie and Christian's close friendship. Callie and I realized nothing we say or do will change his mind.

I started moving the rest of my stuff I had in the dorm to my car. Paige is currently taking her last final. When I get the last box in my car, I hear my phone go off.

"Hey, what's up?" I say it.

"Where are you? Are you still at the dorm building or the house?" Callie's voice sounds frantic. "I'm in our room."

"I'm in the parking lot." The phone starts to break up as Callie says something. "What?" I don't understand a word she just said.

"Please meet me in the dorm." Callie yells into the phone and hangs up.

I head back to the dorm to see what Callie needs.

Callie POV

I blew through finals. With little study time, I'm pretty sure I did okay still. I'm not Jordyn when it comes to school, but I can hold my own. I would have put more time into studying, but my mind has been elsewhere.

Lately I haven't been feeling well. At first, I thought it was the weather. I realized that wasn't the case.

About two months ago, Derek and I got caught in the moment. We had unprotected sex. I am on birth control, so we thought it was okay. Well, I'm late, very late and I am freaking out. I don't know what to do. I haven't told anyone, but I need to tell someone.

I wait in our empty dorm room waiting for Jordyn to get up here. The room was silent, and I could hear my heartbeat pounding. Jordyn walks in and I jump up to wrap my arms around her.

Jordyn hugs me for a second. She then breaks away. "What's going on? You have me worried." Jordyn stares at me. "You were fine earlier besides getting emotional about us moving out."

There is no point in beating around the bush, so I should come straight out and say it. I take a deep breath. I went to speak but nothing came out.

Jordyn's eyes narrow at me. "Callie speaks to me. What could possibly have your hormones so messed up? Are you pregnant or something?" Jordyn says laughing.

She stops laughing when I collapse to the bed and put my head in my hands.

"Oh my god Callie." Jordyn sits on the bed beside me.

I was too afraid to look at her.

Jordyn grabbed my hands so I couldn't hide my face. I finally looked at her. Her face was shocked, but for the most part she looked calm. I'm glad one of us can be calm.

"Are you sure? Have you taken a test?"

I hop off the bed and start pacing back and forth. "I haven't taken a test. I'm too scared to even buy one. I just know I am. I'm late and Derek and I had unprotected sex almost two months ago. I haven't been feeling well."

Jordyn gets off the bed and stops me from walking. She holds onto my hands and looks me right in the eyes. "I will buy you one and we will figure it out. Just breathe and know I am here for you."

I break my hands from her and wrap my around her. "I love you Jordyn."

"I love you too Callie."

Paige POV

I finished my last final. I am now two years away from being done with college. I walked out of my class which I happened to have with Derek. He also finishes around the same time I did.

Walking down the hall to the steps Derek was stride for stride with me. "Do you know what's going on with Callie? I feel like she has been ignoring me."

I look over my shoulder at Derek who has a look of concern on his face.

We got to the bottom of the first flight of stairs we had to go down.

Derek stops me from continuing. "I bet it's that Christian kid. She's mad that I don't want him living with all of you." Derek's vein in his forehead starts to pop and that's usually a bad sign.

"Calm down hulk." I tease him. "I'm not the biggest fan of him living there either. "

I start walking down the next flight of stairs with him alongside. Derek stays quiet and so did I. I don't have a clue what is going on with Callie and him. The last I knew they were fine.

When I get outside, I see Jordyn. I blinked a couple of times to make sure that it really was her. She walks up to Derek and me. She gives Derek a small smile.

Jordyn grabs on my hand as her attention is now all on me.

"I need you now." She says dragging me away from Derek.

Jordyn has a death grip on my arm as she is pulling me towards the parking lot.

"Jordyn you can let go or at least ease up on your hold. I'm not going anywhere." I can barely feel my arm from her tight squeeze.

She lets go but doesn't say anything. We walk to her car and get in.

"Can you tell me what is going on?"

Jordyn turns her head towards me. She gives me a quick kiss which only confuses me more.

"We have to go buy a pregnancy test."

Never mind, now I am more confused.

Jordyn starts to put the car in reverse, but I suddenly stop her.

"What the hell is going on?" There is no way I'm pregnant. Jordyn can't be pregnant either unless she cheated on me which I know she hasn't.

"It's for Callie." She says softly as if someone could hear us even though we are the only two in here.

I didn't say a word. I let go of her hand that is stopping her from shifting gears and let her drive.

When we got to the store, I offered to go in and get the test for her. I bought two different ones just in case. I'm not really sure which one is good, so I figured two wouldn't hurt. When I got to the register to check out, I noticed a familiar face working.

"Who knew you swung for both teams?" Hannah teases as she scans the pregnancy test.

I shake my head at the comment. "It's not for me. But it isn't any of your business."

Hannah looks at me with a hurtful expression. "It was just a joke Paige. What happened to you?"

What does she mean about what happened to me? She is the one who made the joke. "What are you talking about?" I try not to sound too bitchy.

"When I first met you, you were cool. I thought we were friends, but it all changed when we went on that date. You weren't over Jordyn, and I knew it, but since then you act as if I don't exist." Her voice was full of hurt which caught me completely off guard.

I honestly don't know what to say. Her feelings right now are not what I am worried about. "I haven't seen you at all. It's not like I ignored you on purpose."

If she could shoot fire out of her eyes, I'm pretty sure I would be toast. "We had two classes together last semester. TWO. You didn't say one word to me."

I see someone walk towards the checkout line. I feel relief as they are helping me bail out of this conversation, but I still feel bad. I hurt her feelings and that's never my intention.

"I'm sorry. I really am." I apologize as I hand her the money for the tests.

Hannah gives me the change back and looks at me. "No, you aren't. It's fine. You don't owe me anything." She says as she turns her attention to the next person.

I walked out to Jordyn's car and got in.

"What took you so long?" Jordyn questions.

"I ran into Hannah." I tell her truthfully. "I got two tests. I wasn't quite sure which one to get."

We went to Jordyn's dorm room where Callie was waiting. All three of us go to the bathroom. I checked the stalls to make sure no one else was in here. There wasn't. This place clears out quickly once finals are here.

Callie takes the first test. When the time went off, we all looked at it.

"You should take the other one to be sure." Jordyn tells Callie in a panicked voice.

Callie does and the results are the same.

"You need to tell Derek." I tell Callie, breaking the silence. "He already thinks you are angry at him."

Callie POV

Paige is right. Derek deserves to know. I'm petrified to tell him though.

Jordyn and Paige leave the dorm to go to the house we are renting to get Jordyn's car unloaded and ready for their date. They offered to stay, but I know what I have to do. I got my phone out and texted Derek.

Callie: Meet me in the quad...

Derek: I don't like the dots

Callie: Please just meet me there.

Derek: Okay

I walked to the quad as my stomach was squirming. I have no idea how Derek is going to react.

I take a deep breath as I start to approach him. I see him sitting on a bench with his back to me.

Derek is wearing jeans and a cutoff. His hair is flopping in the wind. He spotted me coming towards him when he turned his head.

He gets up from the bench and comes towards me. The smile on his face causes me to go into tears.

Derek noticed and closed the distance between us by jogging to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks as he puts his hands on my hips.

I wiggle to get out of his hold. I try my hardest to regain my composure. "Derek."

Derek stops me. "You are going to break up with me, aren't you? I bet it's because of that Christian kid."

Seriously? How infuriating. I turn away from him and start walking. When is he going to realize I don't want to be with Christian?

Derek runs in front of me to try to stop me from walking away. "Callie, I'm sorry."

I look him straight in the eyes. "Derek, I'm pregnant."

Jordyn POV

Paige and I are getting ready for a date night. While getting ready, I can't get over the reality of Callie being pregnant. I know she is scared. I'm scared for her.

I try to put that aside for the time being and focus on tonight. Paige and I haven't been on a real date in a while.

I finished doing my hair and getting dressed. I go downstairs where Paige is waiting.

"You look beautiful." She whispers in my ear as she hugs me.

I still get chills running down my spine when she whispers in my ear.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

Paige is the one who set the date up. She hasn't given me any details.

She gently kisses my lips as she grabs my hands. "It's a surprise."

Paige tugs on my hand as we go to her Jeep.

As she is driving, I watch closely to our surroundings. We start going down a road that I don't recognize. It's official, I have an idea where she is taking me.

About twenty minutes later Paige pulls up to one of my favorite lakes in Pullman. I didn't recognize where we were going because we were on the opposite side. The scenery is so beautiful.

Paige gets out a blanket along with a backpack. She takes my hand in hers as we walk down the hill towards the water.

It was a perfect May night in Washington. The temperature wasn't too hot or too cold. The breeze feels amazing. Nature was alive and beautiful. Let's not forget the beautiful girl who is holding my hand.

Paige lays out the blanket and turns music on her iPod. We sit down on the blanket enjoying the fresh air.

"Did you pass your calculus exam?" Paige breaks the silence between us.

How did I forget to look? I grab my phone out. I get on the backboard to look. Once I signed on, fear crept in, and I threw my phone at Paige.

She looks down at the phone then back at me. "What was that for?" Paige was laughing, but I'm shaking.

"I'm too scared to look." I nod down at the phone hoping she would catch my drift.

Paige picks up my phone to look. She is completely calm. I'm doing everything not to fall over and pass out.

"What did you have to get to get an A?" She questions me.

Her face has a neutral expression. This made me fear more than I did bad.

"I need a ninety-four." I say as I feel a lump come to my throat.

"Well, I can say you didn't get a ninety four." Paige is toying with me.

My eyes narrow down at her. She knows how nervous this test has made me and now she is using it to get a rise out of me.

"What did I get?" I say anxiously.

Paige hits the lock button on my phone. She looks at me smiling. "You got a 103."

My mouth drops open. I didn't even know there was extra credit on the test.

"It's okay to smile." Paige says while scoots closer to me.

My legs are now in-between hers so I can directly look at her.

I put my arms up in the air and smile. It's satisfying to know your hard work pays off.

I look at Paige who is smiling back at me. I bite down my lower lip and lean towards her.

I set my hand on her shoulder and gently push her back as my lips hit hers.

Paige places her hands on the lower part of my back pulling my body close to hers. Our lips are coordinated as our tongues fight for control.

The fight was short lived when Paige pushed me off her. I sat up and so did she. I was confused why she pushed me off. Does she not want me?

"Do you not love me?" The words flew out of my mouth abruptly with a sad tone.

Paige turns my head to hers. "I love you Jordyn. I just have a little gift for you before we get carried away and before I chicken out."

Paige POV

I get into the backpack I brought and pull out a speaker that I can hook up to my iPod. I then grab my iPod and turn to a certain song.

"I know how you like me singing to you even though I suck." I take a deep breath. "I heard this song by Stephen Speaks. Every time I hear it, you are the only person I picture. I hope you like it as much as I do. I also hope I don't hurt your ears."

I take another deep breath as the instrumental of the song starts to play.

It's her hair and her eyes today that just simply take me away and the feeling that I'm falling further in love makes me shiver but in a good way

All the times I have sat and stared as she thoughtfully thumbs through her hair and she purses her lips, bats her eyes as she plays, With me sitting there slack-jawed and nothing to say coz I love her with all that I am and my voice shakes along with my hands coz she's all that I see and she's all that I need and I'm out of my league once again

It's a masterful melody when she calls out my name to me as the world spins around her she laughs, rolls her eyes and I feel like I'm falling but it's no surprise coz I love her with all that I am and my voice shakes along with my hands cause it's frightening to be swimming in this strange sea but I'd rather be here than on land yes she's all that I see and she's all that I need and I'm out of my league once again

It's her hair and her eyes today that just simply take me away and the feeling that I'm falling further in love makes me shiver but in a good way all the times I have sat and stared as she thoughtfully thumbs through her hair and she purses her lips, bats her eyes as she plays, with me sitting there slack-jawed and nothing to say coz I love her with all that I am and my voice shakes along with my hands cause it's frightening to be swimming in this strange sea but I'd rather be here than on land yes she's all that I see and she's all that I need and I'm out of my league once again

As I finished, I saw tears coming out of Jordyn's eyes.

"Don't cry babe." I try to wipe away her tears.

Jordyn gently grabs my hands away from her face. "I'm not crying because I'm sad. I'm crying because I love you so much. That was absolutely beautiful."

"Tonight, we start a new chapter in our relationship."

"What do you mean?" Jordyn tilts her head to the side.

I pulled her over to me, so she is now sitting in my lap. "We are going to be living with each other for the first time. It is going to be a new challenge for us."

Jordyn leans her head down. She kisses me then pulls away looking me in the eye.

"Every new chapter will just bring more memories baby. I am so ready. I'm so in love with you Paige Gregory."

"I'm so in love with you, Jordyn Chancellor." I say giving her short kisses.

"Forever?" She looks at me with her deep blue eyes.

I wrap my arms around her and bring her head back to mine. Right before I kiss her, I whisper.

"Forever."