•Uno•

"Why don't you listen?" I'm swung around the room by my mother.

Yes, my mother. Not my father, as if you would expect. My mother.

"I'm sorry!" I apologize, rushing to my feet. "I didn't mean to, I-"

"Ethan! Get down here!" She yells up the stairs and a few seconds later, my 16 year old brother is standing on the stair case.

"Yes?" He asks, cautiously walking down the steps.

"I can't even look at you two!" She scrunches her nose in disgust. "Get to school."

She exits the room, giving me a glare.

"C'mon, Ethan." I say, grabbing my car keys from the coffee table. "Let's get to school."

He nods, walking out of the house with me.

"Are you okay?" He asks as we hop into my car.

"I'm fine.." I reassure him.

The rest of the car ride is silent until I pull up to the school, parking in front.

I get out and Ethan goes into the school. I take my phone out, checking the time. 7:30.

Ugh. School doesn't start for another hour.

I start walking to the track, going to jog. I plug my ear buds in, putting my music on while starting to jog.

I go for about 20 minutes when someone comes via the gates and joins me. I stop and look at the person, wondering who it is.

For a second, I think it's Ethan. But it's not. This guy has a beanie on and some shades on. He gives me a sly smile and I immediately know who it is.

FLASHBACK

I pull up to the supermarket and walk in. I pull out my phone and look at the list mom texted me. Pickles, yogurt, bananas, strawberries and milk.

I grab all the stuff and head to the counter. Then I hear a scream, followed by a gunshot. I drop my stuff and back up against the shelf, crouching down.

I hear people crying and yelling for help. The woman next to me has her phone to her ear, talking to her husband, I think.

I don't realize I'm crying until I taste the salty water on my lips. I hear footsteps coming, but muffle my sobs, hearing him getting farther away now.

Someone taps my shoulder and I almost scream but they cover my mouth. I turn my head to see a curly haired boy around my age in a black polo and sweats. He puts a finger up to his mouth as he uncovers his other hand from my mouth.

"I'm not going to hurt you. C'mon." He says, standing up.

With the help of him, I manage to stand up as well. He takes my arm and leads me to the back. What the hell is He doing?

When we walk via the door, he immediately pushes me against the wall.

I start to cry, terrified.

"Shh.. I'm not going to hurt you, trust me." He pleads.

His hand removes from my mouth and I try to gain the courage to speak.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Harry Styles. And you are..?" He answers, stepping back from me.

"Winter." I simply say.

"Winter who?"

"Winter Brown."

The door swings open and 2 guys come out, escorting 2 girls and a male. They sit everyone against the wall.

"C'mon.." Harry says. "I'll take you home."