•Cinco•

When I awake, a bright light shines in my eyes. I squint, wishing the light would go away.

"She's resistant to the light, so that's good." An unfamiliar voice says and the light flickers off.

My eyes adjust to the light and I see a doctor leaning over me. Great, our cover is blown. I turn to look at my side, seeing a worried Harry.

I devise a plan in my head, only hoping that Harry didn't tell the doctor any personal things.

"Who are you?" I ask, keeping my eyes on Harry. I see his eyes go wide and I instantly feel bad, but he'll know later. "Where's my mom?"

"She doesn't remember me?" Harry yelps and I can see tears welling in his eyes as he looks to the doctor, hoping for him to give him an explanation.

The doctor turns to me. "What's the last thing you remember?"

I gather thoughts in my head as to what can be my last thought.

"Well, I remember walking down the aisles at the store. I was going shopping for my mother." I explain and see Harry just lose it beside me.

"I'll be back." The doctor says, looking baffled as he walks out the door.

Harry turns to me as tears stream down his cheeks. "You don't remember me?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes, I do. Now quit crying, or else I'm gonna start bawling." I say and see his lips curve into a smile. "I had to lie. You didn't tell him anything, did you?"

"No." He says. "I rushed you to the hospital, you just got here like 15 minutes ago. I haven't really filled paperwork out or been questioned yet."

"What did you tell them happened?" I ask.

"I told them that you fell backwards down on concrete." He says and I nod.

"Okay, we have to lay low now. We have to escape the first chance we get." I say.

His brows furrow. "Winter, you're injured! You can't just walk out of the hospital."

"Harry, if we stay here any longer, they're going to start questioning us and it only helps my mother out by staying put." I say, starting to get mad. Does he not get it?

"I brought our bags." He sighs. "Once we leave, we are going to a different state."

"I only have a month left before I'm free." I mumble, turning to look away from him. "Then I can go on my own and actually be of help to myself."

"You want to get rid of me?" Harry asks, his voice cracking. I don't answer him, instantly regretting what I had said.

He walks out of the room without another word, leaving me with my thoughts.

I feel bad, I hadn't meant to say that. I feel the tears start to stain my cheeks and I furiously wipe at them.

The door opens and I avert my gaze, hoping to see Niall, but I see the exact opposite.

A woman stands there, in her early 40s, maybe? She has short brown hair and blue eyes.

"Hello." She smiles at me, walking over to my bedside.

What if my mom sent someone after me? What if this is the woman that threw the rock in the window?

"Who are you?" I ask, sitting up in my bed.

"My name is Tina." She says. "Tina Brown."

Brown? That's it, she really is set up to spy on me by mom.

"Look, what ever my mom is paying you, I'll double it." I say and see her smile​ fall. "Just please, don't tell her where I am."

"Oh, no." She rushes. "I don't know your mother. Lots of people have the last name Brown, but I-"