Luke

As the car came to a stop I looked up at the old house. Or should I say mansion ? It was huge.

   I pulled out my earbuds and got out of the car.

  "Honey, can you grab those boxes out of the car?" my mother asks

"Sure. I'm gonna go pick out my room!" I yell running with the boxes, wanting to pick the best room.

   I enter the house and put the boxes by the door. I decide to explore the house.

  I go up the staircase and find a floor with four rooms total.

  I go to the first door and open it. It was an average sized room.

  I go to the next door and open it. It was nothing special. It had a nice sized closet though, I thought to myself.

   After looking at all four of the rooms, I decide to go to the next floor.

  My mom told me that there was only one bedroom on the third floor. I found that odd, but I decide to check it out.

  As I climb up the old wooden stairs I get the feeling I'm being watched.

  The third floor had one bedroom and one bathroom, and then a flight of stairs that led to the attic.

  I attempt to open the door but it won't budge. 

  I pull with all my might, but I am not successful.

I stood back from the door and took a breath. I closed my eyes and rubbed my face. I was still exhausted from the drive. 

  Suddenly I hear a creak, and quickly open my eyes.

  The door had swung completely open.

"What the fück" I mumbled

I ignored the odd occurrence and entered the room anyways.

  It was amazing. It had a huge window, looking into the backyard.  There was also a large closet. I decide to take a closer look at the closet and find something a bit creepy.

  The name "Luke" was carved into the back wall of the closet.

  Luke was probably the child of the last owners, I think to myself.

  Since I had already been on the third floor, I decide to explore the attic.

Just like the rest of the house, the attic is quite large.

  It was completely empty, except for one box. There were beautiful stain glassed windows in the attic. As I admired them my eyes traveled to the floor.

  My stomach sank. There was a large stain on the beautiful wood floors. It looked like blood, but I decide to think that the owners probably just spilt paint.

  Before returning down stairs, I decide to take the box with me. It had the name "Luke" on it.

  I decided I would go through it later, and quickly put it in my newly claimed room.

"Mom!" I yelled running down the stairs

  "In the kitchen, honey!" she yelled back

I walk into the kitchen, finding my mother putting food in the cabinets.

  "Hey, I picked the room on the third floor" I say, grabbing an apple and biting into it.

  "Are you sure? It might get a little spooky up there by yourself" she said, not looking away from the cabinets

"Mom I'm seventeen, I'll be fine. Anyways, I like scary stuff"

"You would know that if you actually fücking paid any attention to me" I mumble on my way out.

  I walk into the backyard and admire the pond.  The woods were right behind the pond. It seemed like a very peaceful place.

  I turn around and look up at my new home. Out of the corner of my eye, I could have sworn, I saw something move past the window in my room.

  You're just being paranoid, I think to myself.

  My thoughts were interrupted by my siblings.

  "Charlotte!" I hear my brothers yell in unison

I go into the front yard where my brothers are playing basketball.

  "Charlotte, will you please be our referee?" one of them asks. They're identical twins. I honestly can't tell the difference.

  "Sorry munchkins, but I'm still moving some stuff into my room. " I say, walking back into the house

  The movers had put all the furniture in my room. Now all I had to do was some decorating.

  I started looking through my boxes of stuff until I found one labeled 'music'. I quickly open it and take out all my CDs and albums.

  I put all my albums on my shelfs and decided to stuff my CDs in a drawer.
--------------------------------------- 

  It was now one in the morning. I am exhausted. I got my room completely done today.

  I get off my bed and decide to put some pjs on. I begin to walk over to my closet when I notice a box in the corner of my room.

  The box I had taken from the attic. My curiosity got the best of me. I put the heavy box onto my bed and grab my box cutter.

  I swiftly cut open the box and begin to pull the items out of the box.

  The first thing that caught my attention was a photo album. I decide to flip through it.

  The first picture was of a baby boy. It looked as though he had just come home from the hospital.

  The next photo was of the same boy, only this time he was around the age of eight. The blonde boy was holding a baseball bat and smiling at the camera, with happiness showing in his sparkling blue eyes.

     There were many pictures of him doing activities such as fishing, baseball, and even doing yard work.

Then the happiness just seemed to change. The next picture was of the same boy, but now he seemed to be around the age of fifteen.

  It was a family photo. He was in the middle of his parents, at least I'm assuming those were his parents. His mother was holding, what I assume, is his little sister.

  There was no smile on the boys face. There was no happiness in his eyes.

  His beautiful blue eyes were dull and almost sad looking.

  The last picture in the photo album was the boy around the age of seventeen.

  The family was sitting at the dinner table, celebrating something. The boy didn't even bother to look at the camera, while his family smiled brightly for the camera.

  I closed the photo album and tossed it to the side, as I continued to go through the box of things.

  The next item I found was absolutely heart breaking.