Good Charlotte

The next thing I pulled out of the box was a note. Not just any note, a suicide note.

  I felt like I was going to throw up. I couldn't bring myself to read it. I guess the sad boy in the pictures ended his own life, I thought to myself.

  I felt like I had an odd connection with him. I tend to think about suicide more than once a day. I've also been depressed for a couple years. I understand the broken boy.

  I continue going through the box. There were things such as trophies, pictures, and books.

  There was one thing that made me feel sick to my stomach.

A knife. A bloody knife.

I decide to close the box and put it on the top shelf in my closet.

  My family didn't need to know about this. I didn't want them to worry. We had just stared to get settled and I didn't want to ruin that.

  So, trying to put my discovery in the back of my mind, I get ready for bed.

  I turn out the light and crawl into bed.
------------------------------------

  I'm walking down a school hallway. I felt frozen to the floor. I couldn't move and if I tried to talk to anyone, they would act as if I didn't exist.

  Eventually I gave up communicating and just stood in place, looking around.

  Suddenly a gun shot rings out. Everyone screams and runs. I try to run, but I'm unable too.

  As the hall clears I see the culprit. A teenage boy, about my age, is standing over a body with a gun.

  He doesn't look pleased with himself. He doesn't look happy. He doesn't look as if he had achieved what he wanted.

  He looks angry. His eyes hold sadness.

  It was the boy from the photo album.

  He looks up at me and we make eye contact. We stare at each other for what seems like hours.

  "Wake up, Charlotte" The boy says sharply
------------------------------------------
3A.M.

  I quickly jolt awake. The dream felt so real.

  You're being ridiculous, think to myself.

  "It was just a nightmare" I mumble to myself.

  I go back to bed, and this time I sleep peacefully.

I wake up to an empty house. I go to the kitchen and see a note left for me on the counter.

'Charlotte,
Went to the store with the boys. Needed to pick up some more groceries. I'll be home soon.
-mom'

"Well looks like I'm on my own for a while" I say to myself

I decide to do some exploring in the woods. Sounds like a bad idea, I know. That's how people die in scary movies, but this isn't a scary movie.

After getting dressed I start my adventure.

  After walking for about thirty minutes I come across a clearing in the woods. I decide to check it out, then head back.

  As I walk into the clearing I instantly regret it. Sitting before my eyes is a headstone.

  The headstone was very simple and just said "Luke" .

  I wonder why he was buried back here. Maybe his family just wanted to be able to visit him whenever they wanted, I think to myself.

  I walk back up to the house and notice that my mom and siblings are back.

  I quickly say my 'hello's' and head upstairs.

  I decide to listen to some music and just chill out.

  I chose one of my favorite CDs. The Silence In Black And White by Hawthorne Heights.

  So cut my wrists and black my eyes

I begin to sing

"Not a bad taste in music" I hear a male voice say

  I quickly turn around and see the boy from my dreams. The boy from the photo album. How is this possible ? I think.

"Who are you?" I say, surprisingly staying calm

"My name's Luke. Luke Hemmings" the boy says, not looking at me

  He immediately makes his way over to my CD and album collection.

"Do you listen to Good Charlotte? That's funny if you do, cause Y'know your name is Charlotte" he laughs to himself

  "Actually I do" I say, giving him a weird look

  I turn back around to turn off the music, and by the time I turned back to were he was standing he was gone.

"What the fück" I say out loud

"Charlotte!" my mother yells

"Yes?" I respond

"Can you take some boxes up to the attic?" she asks

"Sure" I say unenthusiastically 

I trudge up the steps of the attic and put the boxes on the floor.

"So you went through my stuff?" the boy appears behind me, making me jump

"What are you? How are we talking? Am I hallucinating?" I question him

"You're not hallucinating. I'm a demon. I'm trapped on this property for my enormity, as a punishment for the mistakes I made when I was alive" Luke explains

"You're a demon?" I repeat, not knowing whether to believe him or not

  "Correct" he says, laughing slightly

  "Why are there bruises all over you face?" I ask

His expression darkens and he disappears.

"Did I say something bad?!" I yelled

I walk downstairs, after Luke disappearing.

"Thanks for moving those boxes, sweetie" my mom says

"No problem" i say, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge

"Who were you talking to?" she questions me

"Oh, um, I stubbed my toe and was just yelling to myself" I make up a lame excuse

  I make my way upstairs and decided to take a shower. I got undressed, but before getting in the shower my reflection catches my attention.

  I look at myself in the full length mirror. I look at my wrists and thighs. They were littered with cuts.

  I run my fingers over the mix of scars and fresh cuts.

  why am I fat? why do people not like me? why am I so antisocial? why do I have to act different?

   My thoughts swirled in my head. I quickly go to grab my razor that I had kept under the sink.

  I hovered the blade over my wrists, closing my eyes. Waiting for the feeling on cold metal sliding across my skin.

  Instead I felt someone grab my wrist. My eyes dart open.

"Don't you fücking dare, Charlotte" Luke growled

  His beautiful blue eyes were replaced with black. 

"Luke! What are you doing?!" I question, quickly covering myself with a towel.

  "Why? Why would you do this Charlotte?" he said in a sad voice

  Hi eyes now their usual sparkling blue.

  "I just- I don't-" I slowly slide down the wall and begin to cry

  When I look up Luke is gone, and so is my blade.

I didn't sleep at all that night.