"Dont end your life" (2)

Alex

It has been one week since Steven and I got together. He's no Brett, but, he is really nice. I figured if Steven makes me just as happy as Brett would then I could just get over him.

Steven and I were about to go on our second date this evening. We had went on our first date on Sunday- the day after he asked me out- and he took me to see Jurassic World in 3D. After that he took me home, even though he obliged, I made sure he knew my father wouldn't be back until the next day which was, thank God, Monday.

Today is now Saturday and I'm currently getting dressed for our date. I have no idea where Steven is planning on taking me but I have an idea that it will be amazing.

Pulling on my white shirt ,and purple plaid button up to go over it, I slid into a pair of gray skinny jeans, which I'm surprised still fit me, and this time go for my purple vans. Just because I'm converse crazy doesn't mean I can't wear other shoes.

I hear Steven honk his car horn from outside. Quickly I grab my phone and rush out of the door to greet him.

As I open the passenger side door, I notice something odd about Steven, but I shake it off and kiss his cheek and we drive off. No words were exchanged and no music was playing. Just an awkward silence that filled the car.

We pulled up in front of a log cabin and I looked at Steven in confusion. He sighs and exits the car, not waiting for me.

When we enter the log cabin, I immediately hear laughter from a room, and it's loud. In the living room area, there are at least over one hundred people huddled around each other. They are looking - and laughing- at something playing on the giant flat screen in front of them.

What I see on there makes me want to cry. They're pictures of Steven and I making out on his bed. Multiple times. Different occasions. Except- Steven's face is blurred out and all you can see is me. Tears roll steadily down my face. I turn to Steven. He scratches the back of his neck looking guilty as hell.

"You knew about this?" I say, just above a whisper. "You played me?"

"I-It was a bet," he explains, "made to me by Mack." His words felt like a blow to the chest. More like a shot to the chest. By now, everyone us pointing and laughing, just like at the party where I meet Steven.

"Are you even really gay?" I ask.

He scratches the back of his neck again, "Yeah, that's why he picked me for the bet." Without thinking twice I turn and run out if the log cabin, full of criticizing people, ready to puke.

I find myself running towards the café down the street. The bell dings above my head as I enter the small place. I look around my surroundings and someone catches my eye. Brett is sitting in a corner booth, staring at his coffee, also, looking a bit guilty. He looks up and catches my eye and stands as if to greet me. But, I run out before he has the chance. I can hear him calling my name behind me. The bridge was in sight.

This is my time folks. Alexander Davenport has no use in this life anymore.

I stand on the edge of the bridge, one step away from my death. The way down to the river is about two hundred feet. If I land just right I can end my life...just right.

"Alex!" I hear Brett yell, "Wait!" He ran up behind me in a panic, "Don't do this. You have so much to live for."

"No I don't! No one loves me! Not my parents! Not my friends! Not even Steven loved me!" At the mention of Steven's name, Brett's look of guilt is, in a flash, back on his face.

"I tried to warn you, Alex. I tried to tell you what Steven and Mack were planning. It was at the party, after Mack said those things about you."

~Flashback to Brett's party~