"What are we?" (5)

_
"A book is split into three parts. The beginning, the middle, and the twist." - R.L. Stine
_

________

Brett

When I kissed Alex I felt jolts of electricity flow through my body at once. I got this amazing feeling in my stomach that can't be described with words. His whole life ignites a spark in my body that I can't get rid of no matter what. Alex is always on my mind. Every minute of the day at school and every minute of the night when I'm lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking of him and him only. He's so intoxicatingly addictive. His touch like the soft clouds. His face as cute as a newborn baby. His, perfect, brown hair, so tempting to run my fingers through. His personality, so..so fixable. His mind, much like a hurricane. It's a wreck full of beautiful, yet awful, thoughts. This boy is like something I've never seen before. I wanted to help him. I wanted to fix him. I want him.

I lay Alex back on my bed, hovering over him, and kiss him like his lips are my only oxygen source. We tangle ourselves together and cover ourselves in a series of moans.

Alex's hands find their way into my hair and tangle themselves up tightly. I pull Alex's legs up and wrap them around my waist, bringing my groin completely flushed against his. I let out a throaty groan. Then Alex pulls back.

"Wait, stop." He puts his hand against my chest, pushing me up, and tries to catch his breath. "What are we doing?"

"Uhm, kissing?" I say in a duh tone.

"No no no I mean, like, what are we?" He asks, eager and impatient.

I sit up on the bed and think about it for a few minutes. What are we? I don't even know that for myself. I look back to Alex to see him looking down and biting his lip. I must have taken too long to answer.

"Hey," I say, catching his attention, "all I know is I really like you. But, unfortunately, I don't quite know what we are yet." I say, regretfully, as Alex's eyes well up with tears. Oh no.

"No, no no no no." I scoot over to him and cup his chin in my hand forcing him to look at me, "I didn't mean it like that. I just..need some time to think about there being an us. Okay?" He nods.

I beam a smile at him and sit back against the headboard of the bed. Alex turns to me.

"Brett?" I him in response, looking around for my TV remote. "Can you kiss me again?" I freeze in my spot and turn slowly to look at him.

He's so adorable. I want to kiss him again too.

So I did.

⭕⭕

The next morning I don't feel Alex in bed next to me.

Oh God, I make it sound like we're married.

Throwing the covers off my body, I place my feet on the cold floor, and stand. I make my way down the stairs and to the kitchen where I spot Alex making breakfast.

I walk to him and wrap my arms around his waist from behind.

"Hey." I whisper. He smiles in response. I notice him struggling to cook the eggs as he keeps burning them, making me laugh slightly, as he curses under his breath. I chuckle and take the spatula from his hand which makes him turn around and pout while crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"I can't do anything." He huffs in a five year old voice. I laugh quietly and grab him by the waist, lifting him up, and placing his pouting self on the counter next to me.