Age 16 (part 2)

Age 16 (part 2)

Josh stared at his homework and rolled his eyes. He was not in the mood to do complicated algebra equations. All he wanted to do was watch some TV or maybe take a nap. He was currently waiting for Tyler to arrive at his house so they could hang out. It was a warm Saturday night and his parents were on a date and the house was empty so he decided to invite Tyler over. He thought that maybe they could binge watch Adventure Time together. The only problem was that Tyler was taking a immensely long time to get to his house. Tyler sighed and tried to finish the first algebra problem. He could probably get some homework done before Tyler arrived.

After about thirty minutes of working he heard a knock on his front door and rushed to open it. Tyler entered the house and Josh closed the door behind them and followed Tyler in. Josh's house was practically Tyler's. Yes, they were that inseparable. "I have to Skype with Jenna at 8. I can use your lap top right?" Tyler asked Josh who wore a sad face. Of course he had to Skype with Jenna, even when it's Josh and Tyler time. "Yeah, sure, whatever." Josh mumbled out. "I brought some movies." Tyler said as he swung his backpack to the front of his body and pulled out three movies. "I got Aladdin, Harry Potter, and Transformers." Tyler handed the movies to Josh, who looked at them puzzled. What a strange group of movies. "Let's watch Aladdin then." Josh said as he walked over to his TV and put Aladdin in the DVD player.

*

"Hi Josh, Hi Tyler." Jenna waved through the computer screen and Josh put on his best fake smile and waved back. "What are you boys up to at the moment?" She quizzed. Josh shrugged and Tyler explained to her that they had just watched a movie. "Can you believe we're almost going to be seniors?" Jenna asked the boys and Josh and Tyler looked at each other and looked back at the screen. "I know it's astonishing that we even made it this far." Tyler replied. "Actually speaking of senior year, I thought maybe you could come to Ohio and go to prom with me." The room went silent. Josh was perplexed. Tyler was going to bring Jenna to prom? Their prom? He almost wanted to punch Tyler for being so stupid. "Yeah I would love to go with you." Jenna said and Josh's heart crumbled into small little pieces.

--

A/N: So this is happening before the summer before 12th grade to clear things up a bit. (so basically the end of 11th grade) 

Tyler just wanted to ask her earlier ya know. Adding some drama.

I wrote this while listening to Troye Sivan.

I love feedback so keep commenting!