18: Dates or Escapes?

|| S O P H I A  ||

I patiently waited for someone to come in my table. My place wasn't that far for them to not find me. And besides I just came on time. I looked at the coffee that I just ordered some minutes ago when I arrived. Tristan was in Georgina waiting for me to come home. And I say, I must now because Caryl isn't coming.  Its obvious.

I stood up and picked up the warm paper coffee cup, looked at the tinted windows and hope that Caryl just parked her car there. I fixed my hair and looked straight at the door, currently staring at a car parked in front of my location. 

"Sophia?" A guy who wears a hat called me and I stare at him confused, he just smiled and hugged me tight. this hug is I've ever been belonging. I don't know why but I just submitted to him and hugged him back, he started to look at me and hug me again. I know him. He's Patrick. Just by the way he acts.

"Patrick, you could let me go now," I said and he just gave me a longing look, still wishing to hug me and tears paints up in the corner of his eyes, he looks like he's crying. And I just can't believe that I made a rock star cry at front of me.

"I'm so sorry I was just carried away," I chuckled and opened the glass door, lead him in and closed the door.

"Its okay," I said and looked at my coffee, set it in the nearest coffee table and set myself in the couch and Patrick sat down opposing my seat, his face was just few inches away from me.

I cleared my throat loudly and then he started to fix himself and then look at me again.

"Its been two years. And two years was just too long isn't it?"

The question that he was asking was clearly vivid to me. He was referring to my best friend and my disappearance in their lives. Which is just for everybody's safety. Because that threat appeals that it isn't just a joke or something. 

"Yeah... but I don't wanna talk about it hmm?" I calmly said as I sipped the coffee and stare at the window again hoping that Caryl would be here now.

"But why? You know... I've got... Holy Smokes, I waited for this to happen so I would know that you're safe. You're both safe. I didn't ever lost that hope that I will sooner mee-"

"Patrick! That was so long ago!" I whispered shouted him, he just stare at me in disbelief.

"But Sophia! You can't blame me even! If you're on my shoes, you would totally scan the whole world just to know if your loved ones is still alive or they were cold corpses lying on the grave somewhere!" Patrick outbursted, I just sigh in disbelief. He won't ever give up this topic doesn't he?

I never had the guts to break out the silence that was built on our location. I can hear the other tables that they we're busy chatting each other like they haven't seen each other for like 10 or 20 years. Patrick was just staring at his calloused hands, calloused because of playing various instruments which I personally think that it's good.

"So... How are you now?" I throw up, the silence was silently choking me up so I brought up the topic.. that topic which seem to be really lame.

"You asking me that?" He asked, he sighed as he reconnected his eyes to me, which I felt myself to give in. His solemn soul really gave my spine a big chill.

"I was touring around the world for now, you know, the band got big. You see it for yourself when you interviewed us," Patrick looked away, the way he spoke was really spicy, like every word he spoke was burning my skin because of guilt and shame. I remembered the way I treated them when I interviewed them yesterday.

"So, does Joe has a girlfriend now?" I asked, he crept a smile, just a little one and faced the window.

"None. I mean, all of us have none. Only Pete has the chance to flirt with anyone he wanted, he's good at that. I never mean anything at this but I'm just... loyal to Elisa. I never had the chance to lay my eyes on other girls... or even appreciate them.." he said as he suddenly blushed in front of me, I chuckled and looked at him.