24: The Pendant

"I don't want to fight with you. You're like my brother. So let's talk this shit out and be serious. Because if not, sorry but I'm not really sorry for hurting you so bad." Joe have said to Patrick as he jerked his way in to the opposite direction, leaving Patrick standing in the doorframe, with the small droplets of water pouring down from his damp hair.

"Just let me change my clothes first." Patrick told his best friend, he made his way in to his closet and toss his long sleeves down in to the bed.

After few minutes of preparation, Patrick showed up in the balcony where Joe was waiting, he was having a smoke. Patrick dragged his swivel chair, and cleared his throat as he stood there.

Joe took the cigarette down as he faced Patrick and immediately looked at his eyes. Small beads of sweat forms in Patrick's palm, Joe looked at the other direction.

"Why did you like her? Is she somewhat your substitute for Elisa?" Joe spoke coldy, Patrick just narrowed his eyebrows.

"How dare you to say that? I'm so sorry, but I fell. I mean, I can't just keep it knowing that you and Sophia are still not tog--"

"But I planned to do it! Haven't you witnessed everything I said? I'm going to find her and once I did, I'll never let her go! And now's the fucking chance!" Joe growled, Patrick leaned in.

"And you also know how miserable I was when Elisa left me! I don't even know if she's still alive or not. All I know is that I fell in love for Sophia and that's final. You're buying it because I will never change my mind. If you won't court her, I'll date her already."

"That's you. You are just searching for somebody who you could spill your sympathy or something! You know what? Yes. I will take that. Because I still want to treat you as my brother, I will respect whatever Sophia chose between us. Patrick, I... You know what?" Joe pauses for a single second chilling his nerves out.

"If she choose, we have to do this no remorse. If she choose you, I will accept my defeat, be still your best friend and her best friend."

"And if she choose me," Joe pointed himself, "you have to respect us and leave us alone."

"Deal." Patrick stated, Joe pulled him close in to a bro hug.

"I'm sorry for punching you."

"No worries. That did hurt but I'm fine now." Patrick pat Joe's back reassuringly, Joe hummed in response.

"When should we start?" The vocalist asked as he stood up from the chair, Joe stood up too and get his hands on the banister.

"Depends on when she was ready. By her reaction, I know she was surprised," Joe responded, Patrick nodded in response.

"By tomorrow night, I'll be the one to take her out." Patrick smirked, plans running in his head as he stare at the stars.

"It's so unfair you know? You ruined our date and you'll take her tomorrow? No fair!"

"Then take her at lunch!" Patrick Shook's his head as he climbed in to the banister and had his feet hung down below the bars.
"Yeah, I'll do whatever what I wanted." He smirked, Patrick pouted.

"No sex."

"Ha? Sex? I hope so." Joe laughed, joining Patrick in to the cemented banister.

The two of them talked about few things until Joe said he was already falling asleep. Patrick led him in to his room, feeling better that the two of them made amends.

While on the other side, Sophia can hardly sleep on what just have happened. She knew nothing about what Patrick meant. That went fast.

"Patrick couldn't fall in love with me, I'm no.. I'm never Elisa. And I can't be." She cried out her frustrations and cupped her face with both hands. The girl slid herself in the sheets, her hands still covering her face.