Chapter 10: I figured it out!

Arthur and Jenny backed away from the scenery as ambulances and police cars continually drove to and from the scenery. Police officers tried to make everyone leave the scene; it took a bit before most people left the scene.

   “Do you want to go back home?” Jenny asked. Arthur nodded.

   Arthur looked at Jenny as they both stood up in the tube on central line. The last half hour had imprinted in his mind and he couldn’t stop think about it. He frowned a bit. What if this happened because he’d come back from the dead, even though he more likely had been sleeping. The trains rocking movement made him pass into a kind of trance stage, what if all that happened now happened because of him? The explosions? The terror? He remembered Merlin tell him that when the kingdom was under threat he would rise and protect the land of Albion. What if, that didn’t had to happen in that order. What if the prophecy meant that when he would rise to protect his united kingdom, the terrors would come and it would be his fault?

   Jenny looked out of the door window and Arthur discovered the sad and worried facial expression on her.

   “What’s wrong?”

   “I just can’t stop thinking about what happened, and what Emmy told me this morning. She told me just before she left she had a meeting at Baker Street. I just really hope she’s okay—. What if something happened to her?” the tube’s moving rocked more than gently and made every passenger, who stood in the cart, bump into each other including Arthur who’d almost fell over Jenny. For a second as they looked into each other’s eyes, Arthur felt a warmth spreading in his body, warmth he’d felt long time ago. It spread along with his heart’s pumping rhythm out in his fingers, which in fact were spinning like crazy! But at the same time he heard Merlin’s voice inside his mind speaking to him.

   “She’s not Gwen. She’s your 100 times granddaughter!”

   “Get out of my head Merlin!”

   “But you can’t be with her Arthur, even though she looks identically like Gwen, she isn’t her!” the last three words were hanging in the air like mist on a cold day. 

   Arthur straightened himself and apologized. Jenny said something as well, but  it wasn’t possible to her what, because of the speakers which now announced the next station was St. Pauls. Both took a deep breath as the doors swung open, a speaker voice told everyone to mind the gap and passengers rushed out of the train and on to the platform. Arthur’s hand closed around Jenny’s and he rushed towards the exit – Although Arthur had lived his entire life thousands of years back he got the hang of which way to go when he was looking for the exit on the tube station.

   While they both walked from the station to the flat, rain started to pour and they both slowly got soaked, Arthur spotted his friend. Merlin just left the front door, turned on his hood before walking away.

   “Merlin!” Arthur shouted across the road. Merlin turned around and walked faster towards him.

   “Arthur, where have you been? I’ve been looking all over for you. I need to tell you something; something important!” Merlin said.

   Arthur wasn’t close enough to hear what Merlin just said. “What did you say?”

   “I said, I need to tell you something important.”

   “What’s that then?” Merlin looked at Jenny. It seemed that Merlin didn’t want to share the information, with everyone. Jenny slowly took the hint, so did Arthur.

   “I’ll be with you shortly.” Arthur nodded to her and she went to the door, but before she entered she turned around, took a grip at Arthur’s shoulder so they he faced each other. Jenny’s following action made Merlin turned his face away. Jenny’s lips gently touched Arthur’s cheek, before she went inside.

   A very confused look came from Arthur’s eyes. First after Merlin was completely sure that Jenny was out of sound range he started talking.

   “I think I figured out why you have returned.”

_______________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I’m so, so, SO sorry for not updating the last month and I really hope you can forgive me for that. I know this is not a very long chapter, but somehow I thought this chapter shouldn’t be longer than it turned out.

But I promise not to be an irritating Moffat and skip to another scene after this chapter ;)

- Remember to comment, like or vote :D 

Hope you enjoyed reading!

XOXO